News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

check this out mn3005 workaround

Started by cjkbug, June 06, 2011, 12:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjkbug

just saw this on small bear's updates looks inteesting. especially with the d-bag delay comin' up.http://www.smallbearelec.com/Updates.htm
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

JakeFuzz

Very interesting. I wonder if there is a way to just wire up like a 14 pin plug that just has this on the top and manage to make it all fit somehow. At some point people are just going to go to an MN3205.

cjkbug

I wish some gigantic forgotten stash of 3005's would tun up. turns out the chips at byoc must have been remarked mn3008's cuz' the changed the listing in the parts shop. knew it was too good to be true. >:( >:( >:(

bigmufffuzzwizz

ooh thats a bummer. Someones gotta have the holy stash of these things!!
I'm not understanding why another company doesn't bring this chip (among many others) back into production.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

cjkbug

especially since cool audio makes repros of other bbd's and out of poduction stuff. our hobby is expanding rapidly so there may be a market big enough to encourage some companies to start bringing some of this stuff back from the dead someday... I can dream can't I.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: cjkbug on June 06, 2011, 04:10:59 PM
especially since cool audio makes repros of other bbd's and out of poduction stuff. our hobby is expanding rapidly so there may be a market big enough to encourage some companies to start bringing some of this stuff back from the dead someday... I can dream can't I.

Your getting me excited.. :D
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

gtr2

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on June 06, 2011, 03:49:25 PM
ooh thats a bummer. Someones gotta have the holy stash of these things!!
I'm not understanding why another company doesn't bring this chip (among many others) back into production.

Yeah, Electro Harmonix does...  the new deluxe memory man has genuine mn3005's

I emailed Cool Audio about this months ago based on a suggestion by Jacob.  They didn't even have the courtesy to reply back.  The letter was informative on the DIY movement and the need for mn3005's etc...  I believe companies in this economy cannot justify manufacturing old technology for small markets...  I'm only one voice.  It would help if others joined in.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

culturejam

Quote from: gtr2 on June 06, 2011, 07:26:02 PM
I emailed Cool Audio about this months ago based on a suggestion by Jacob.  They didn't even have the courtesy to reply back. 

I emailed them last year inquiring about purchasing quantities smaller than 1000, and they didn't answer. Not even a "hell no".  :D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

gtr2

Quote from: culturejam on June 10, 2011, 06:50:46 PM
Quote from: gtr2 on June 06, 2011, 07:26:02 PM
I emailed Cool Audio about this months ago based on a suggestion by Jacob.  They didn't even have the courtesy to reply back. 

I emailed them last year inquiring about purchasing quantities smaller than 1000, and they didn't answer. Not even a "hell no".  :D

I would think in this economy that a sale is a sale...  O well I guess a little customer service is overrated  ::)
My email must have went in the spam bin

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer