News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fluff Girl Audition / Final Tusk

Started by juansolo, February 11, 2015, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Fluff Girl Audition
A Fluff Girl proto (EHX Bass Balls) sent to us by Rej to evaluate. We like it lots. The actual board is probably going to be a bit different. But it should all sound the same as this one (which is awesome).

Box is another recyche job, so the layout doesn't really match where I've put things. Think of the environment man!

Tusk Final
Here it is, the final Tusk. Any we sell now will look like this. It is a bit more of a homage to the original pedal and people will also be able to argue about which ones are the best as we've changed the mix slightly for these (and indeed from now on). So there you have it. Maybe someone will buy some now... ;)

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

nzCdog

Great builds!  They layout on the klon(e) pcb is dreamy.... just sayin :)

flanagan0718

These look great and I an anxiously awaiting the GB for them!

cooder

Awesomeness and super tidy builds to your usual perfection, sir! Even the 'recycled enclosure job looks spiffin inside.
Yes a GB would draw my attention too yehaaa.... 8)
BigNoise Amplification

juansolo

Some changes required to the board first, then another test to make sure it all still works and I'm sure Rej will be rockin' a GB.

Hogharry

Super-clean yet again!  8)

Is that pretty ribbon cable or is the OCD so bad that you are lining up single strands that tightly? :D Getting photos that good is harder than most people think, the focusing is right on the money.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

chordball

Excellent as usual! Is that ribbon cable available for purchase somewhere? I still can't find any I like.

studiodunn

Awesome as always, and as they said - the layout of that clone is slick.

jubal81

Flat out awesome! Beautiful stuff. The klone future is so bright ...  8)
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

juansolo

Yeah it's ribbon and sadly not. I wish I'd bought the lot now when he was selling it, but it's all gone (We've still got a reel left which should last us a year or two). It's old 'proper' stuff. I think we worked out what the modern equivalent was and it was eyewateringly expensive :(

chordball

Quote from: juansolo on February 12, 2015, 09:05:24 AM
Yeah it's ribbon and sadly not. I wish I'd bought the lot now when he was selling it, but it's all gone (We've still got a reel left which should last us a year or two). It's old 'proper' stuff. I think we worked out what the modern equivalent was and it was eyewateringly expensive :(

And, uh, where do you live? I promise it wasn't me that took it. ;) On a serious note, I have some coming in to try so if it's good I will be sure to report on it.

Luke51411

Quote from: juansolo on February 12, 2015, 09:05:24 AM
There's mojo in those wires!!! Great build and layout! Super clean, love it! Will be waiting on the GB, I need to add to my pcb pile...

midwayfair

I just ...

Okay, here goes, there's no other way to put it:

The fluff girl looks nice.

aaaannnnnnnnnndddddd now I feel dirty.

GermanCdn

Must.....resist....making.....innappropriate.....

Nice job John.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Luke51411

Quote from: GermanCdn on February 12, 2015, 03:39:38 PM
Must.....resist....making.....innappropriate.....

Nice job John.
Basically my whole thought process while leaving a comment on this thread.