News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What's your favorite shielded cable for pedals?

Started by blearyeyes, February 09, 2015, 06:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blearyeyes

alanp

"It's amazing what you can get away with sometimes."

That said, the name "RG-6" floats across my memory, no idea why.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

midwayfair

Rej just sent me a little bit of some Belden 22awg telfon insulated shielded cable from Apex Jr. It's extremely nice. I've also had some good results with Smallbear's thin shielded stranded cable, which was easy to work with but not as poseable as what Rej sent me.

selfdestroyer

I have used RG-174 50 Ohm coax before on my BMP builds in the past.

http://www.techtoolsupply.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HVS-1W-250

It was easy to work with.

Cody

jubal81

Quote from: midwayfair on February 09, 2015, 03:09:32 PM
Rej just sent me a little bit of some Belden 22awg telfon insulated shielded cable from Apex Jr. It's extremely nice. I've also had some good results with Smallbear's thin shielded stranded cable, which was easy to work with but not as poseable as what Rej sent me.

+1
The stuff Rej gets is pretty amazing. It's not hard to work with and very tough with a nice, slim diameter.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Leevibe

davent

PTFE all the way. This is Teflon/Kapton insulated coax, very small diameter and very stiff.
http://stores.ebay.ca/Johns-Silver-Teflon-Wire-Shop/Shielded-Wire-Coax-/_i.html?_fsub=3966787&_sid=155009&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

To hook into the shield just wrap around the base of the shield, solder and trim off the extra shield, heatshrink.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?