News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hawaiian Boost - Bacon Bits

Started by Ettore_M, February 08, 2015, 12:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ettore_M

Hey guys! At last! After a lot of time, I post a build report! I've been away of building pedals the year that passed, because I served my duties in the Greek Army. Yes, it's mandatory for every Greek  man older than 18 years old to serve in the army for 9-12 months. So, I've been away from home, and building.
However, I did follow your builds here on the forum, and it made me want to build more!  ;D

So, I'm back.. With a build that I'm very proud of! It's a simple pedal, but the engraving job on it is quite perfect, I think!  But you'll be the judges! ;)

Here it is: the Hawaiian Boost!  :D I used the Hawaiian Airlines logo as you'll see. The engraving was really difficult, and my arm was aching for days.. ::)

Hope you like it!  :)

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

brejna

Wow! You did great job with the engraving! You have very steady hands. BTW army sucks!! Glad you don't have that obligation any more :D

m-Kresol

That engraving looks awesome. I honestly thought it was laser engraved!
I also had to serve in the army for half a year. Was the biggest waste of time ever
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Cortexturizer

such a good work all around. engraving - impressive. welcome back our good man!
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

Leevibe

Ettore_M

Quote from: m-Kresol on February 08, 2015, 02:06:09 PM
That engraving looks awesome. I honestly thought it was laser engraved!
I also had to serve in the army for half a year. Was the biggest waste of time ever
No no! But I wish I had a laser engraver or a CNC machine..  ;D
Indeed, the biggest waste of time. This delayed my studies for almost a year.  :-\
However, it was nice to learn living away from your parents and home (I'm 22 yo, I still live with my parents) and meeting new people.  :)

Quote from: Cortexturizer on February 08, 2015, 02:26:57 PM
such a good work all around. engraving - impressive. welcome back our good man!
Thank you! It's good to be back, guys!  :)

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

Stomptown

That's awesome Hector!  Welcome back to the ring!

Hogharry

Great engraving Hector! Glad you are back. I'm also glad that National Service was abolished in the UK before I was old enough to do it.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

lincolnic

Looking great! Glad to see your builds here again, Hector.

TGP39

Wow hector....that is amazing stuff with only a handheld engraver. Welcome back....I miss your awesome builds.

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

Ettore_M

Thanks guys for all your kind words!
- Culturejam

madbean

Great work and extra points for DIY'ing your own layout on it. Welcome back!

nzCdog

nice job hector! nice to see you back in biz with the pedal builds! :)