News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Don't you hate it when...

Started by Luke51411, February 06, 2015, 02:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

You go to put the lid on a pedal and ALL THE LOOSE SCREWS YOU CAN FIND ARE THE WRONG SIZE?!?

Betty Wont

Weld it down. More hardcore than gooping.  8)

flanagan0718

you finish reading a book series and find out that M Knight Shamalammadingdong is directing the upcoming show series and will destroy everthing you loved about the books...Sorry kind of off topic

(Wayward Pines series by Blake Crouch if anyone was interested)

mremic01

Quote from: Luke51411 on February 06, 2015, 02:34:41 AM
You go to put the lid on a pedal and ALL THE LOOSE SCREWS YOU CAN FIND ARE THE WRONG SIZE?!?

The trick is to label every baggy and bottom plate that comes with each enclosure as soon as you take it all out of the shrink wrap. Saves a lot of frustration later on.

Luke51411

Quote from: mremic01 on February 06, 2015, 04:00:27 PM

The trick is to label every baggy and bottom plate that comes with each enclosure as soon as you take it all out of the shrink wrap. Saves a lot of frustration later on.
It's true that is a good idea. Why can't they just make them all the same? haha

GermanCdn

Quote from: mremic01 on February 06, 2015, 04:00:27 PM

Actually, I take it one step further, and secure the screws (either loose or in the bag) in each enclosure to the lid with masking tape when I open them up.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

bcalla

Quote from: GermanCdn on February 06, 2015, 04:24:05 PM
Actually, I take it one step further, and secure the screws (either loose or in the bag) in each enclosure to the lid with masking tape when I open them up.
I always bag them and tape the bag to the inside of the bottom plate.

alanp

Quote from: flanagan0718 on February 06, 2015, 03:45:21 PM
you finish reading a book series and find out that M Knight Shamalammadingdong is directing the upcoming show series and will destroy everthing you loved about the books...Sorry kind of off topic

No worries about that with the Wheel of Time series -- no director is going to pick that one up.

The Discworld stuff had me slightly worried, but it seems to be a box of fluffies so far :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

davent

Quote from: bcalla on February 06, 2015, 04:42:03 PM
Quote from: GermanCdn on February 06, 2015, 04:24:05 PM
I always bag them and tape the bag to the inside of the bottom plate.

Me too just so i don't misplace them but i've yet to come across a diecast enclosure that wasn't 6-32 screws...?
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Luke51411

Yeah, they've all been 6-32 but some boxes require shorter screws

davent

Can you drill and tap the holes deeper or make the screws shorter (a pain with stainless steel.)?
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Betty Wont

like when i found out that disney was making a hitchhikers guide movie.

flanagan0718

Quote from: Torgoslayer on February 07, 2015, 02:38:36 PM

like when i found out that disney was making a hitchhikers guide movie.
Pretty close!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk