News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MindBender

Started by Mich P, February 02, 2015, 09:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mich P

Hello all, my latest pedal, a Phillip BRYANT mindbender (NPN Ge tonebender with some tweaks). The box is from Mac Walker (DIYstompboxes). A huge Thanks to Jon Stomptown
who is design the PCB with his traditional Maestria (he normally should post the project here for the community).
I use quite low gain transistors ('round 60 for all spots) with low leakage (around 0.030mA) as well.
I also play with the imput cap to ground reduce to 3,3nF to recovery some highs at low gain setting. Same for the output cap bump it to 470nF (!) again it keeps some lows when you rolling back your volume pot and really help to get a good crunch for example.
I kept the others originals values for the Fuzz Central project, except for the fuzz pot where i highly recommand a 1KC.
So i really happy with the sound of the circuit, i can get greats differents sounds by playing volume and fuzz pots.
I'm sure some of you have NPN Ge trannys in stock waiting a great project,
You have one !
Mich P.

Cortexturizer

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

brejna

Indeed it is awesome! :D Is that decal?

bcalla

Wow, I think I'm having a flashback.   8)

Nice job.

Stomptown

Amazing Mitch!  I love the graphics and the wiring is perfect.  Now I need to build one myself!  Are these enclosures still available?  Link?

I will add this to the member projects forum and to my website tonight.  I will also share this on osh for those who would rather have a fabbed version.

SmoothAction

Super cool artwork and enclosure. Straight up badass. This is something I would buy.

Max

davent

Nice neat build, Mac's enclosures are great!

Quote from: Stomptown on February 02, 2015, 10:20:37 PM
Amazing Mitch!  I live tge graphics and the wiring is perfect.  Now I need to build one myself!  Are these enclosures still available?  Link?

I will add this to the member projects forum and to my website tonight.  I will also share this on osh for those who would rather have a fabbed version.

Last update... Sold Out on the enclosures.
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=97548.msg1003163#msg1003163

A wedgified Hammond 1590J is very similar in size.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

cooder

Really mindbendingly noice! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

Mich P

Thanks Guys, i really appreciate.
Breja :
This is printable sticker covering with transparent sticker to protect.
Advantage when you are boring with the artwork you can easely change it.
Jon, Davent were fastier than me.
Mich P.

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Bret608

I think this looks great! That is a build to hang onto, for sure.

Jon, that would be awesome if you could share the project. I'd love it if there was a simple, fabbed MkII layout with board mounted pots. I've resisted boxing the Supa Fuzz I did on vero as I know it's going to come out with the wiring not looking that good. I'm assuming I would just need to reverse the electros and the diode for a straight PNP build?

Stomptown

Cool!  My travel plans got pushed forward a day but I will get the files up when I return home!

chordball

Jaw dropping work! :o You should be proud of that one for sure.

raulduke

Clean as a whistle.

Nice work dude!

brejna

Quote from: Mich P on February 02, 2015, 11:12:41 PM
Thanks Guys, i really appreciate.
Breja :
This is printable sticker covering with transparent sticker to protect.
Advantage when you are boring with the artwork you can easely change it.
Jon, Davent were fastier than me.
Mich P.
I need to find those sticker papers...