News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dirtbaby finally done

Started by selfdestroyer, January 31, 2015, 01:58:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

Seems like I have been waiting forever for my knobs to come in, it was only 3 days but it felt like FOREVER.

This is by far my favorite sounding PT based delays that I have built and the 2nd runner up is a 1776 Effects Multiplex (They really are 2 different beasts since the multiplex is a great tape emulation). It really is the modulation that sells this for me as it sounds so lush and adds a whole other dimension to the delays.

The artwork may be familiar since it was used on another pedal I did a year ago but I loved it so much I really wanted to do a pedal that would be a staple on my board with it. The original artwork is from a bands cover art that I found on Google Images. I did a reverse etch and painted it with the Rust-Oleum 7250830 Metallic Spray and used a Dupli-Color clear coat. The knobs I used are silver aluminum knobs from Eagle Plastic Devices bought from Mouser. Eagle Plastic Devices make some great plastic & aluminum knobs.

Box shot:

Gut Shot:

The 3PDT breakout board was made in Diptrace and is available here if you wish to etch it for yourself.
http://music.codydeschenes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Dirtbaby-3PDT.pdf

No time to talk! Need to play with this some more.

Cody

PhiloB

Man, that looks slick!  Love the horizon and the deep blue sky...looks like night time.  I hope to build this one some time in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davent

You forgot to wire it up!

Great looking build!

The knobs really compliment the bare exposed surface of the enclosure, very nicely done!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

TGP39

Man Cody! That is just beautiful. Josh's multiplex is one of my top three builds to play. Now I'm going to have to build this. The knobs really were a perfect choice. Fantastic. Truly inspiring.

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

jubal81

That. Is. Awesome.  :o

Worth waiting for the knobs. They're perfect.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Haberdasher

hey cody, that's a real beaut.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

bcalla

Quote from: davent on January 31, 2015, 02:11:39 AM
You forgot to wire it up!

Really!  How did you make those connections?  Bluetooth?

billstein

Awesome build Cody.  I can see why you wanted to use that graphic again. Perfect for etching.

morganp

It's like that graphic was made for it!  Looks great.
affiliation: www.dustystrings.com

Stomptown

m-Kresol

Loved the graphics the first time, totally understand you using it again
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

brejna

mcasemo

that is quite something, the etching, the wiring.   the guts are as good as the face.

fendman

Really sweet ;)  Hey Cody I got to ask this question...How old is that carpet now?? lol 

Stomptown

Quote from: fendman on February 01, 2015, 10:03:09 PM
Really sweet ;)  Hey Cody I got to ask this question...How old is that carpet now?? lol

Lol.  I think I see a roach clip from the 60s buried in the shag!  :P