News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Favorite Amp

Started by jball85, June 01, 2011, 11:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgmezei

I know about heavy amps haha. I have my workhorse that has never let me down. A mesa boogie Rectoverb 1 12" combo. It is 82lbs. It sounds awesome though. I have NEVER used the rectified distortion setting hahaha. I know there are nicer amps out there but this has always had my back. I have gigged it the past 5 years and still have the original tubes in it.

I just built a weber 5e3 deluxe and love it. Not super versatile though. I love the mesa transatlantic series and the lunch box head weighs nothing and sounds amazing.

Still searching for my ideal fender amp. Building two others right now to hopefully find the perfect circuit.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: sgmezei on June 04, 2011, 09:44:54 PM
I just built a weber 5e3 deluxe and love it. Not super versatile though. I love the mesa transatlantic series and the lunch box head weighs nothing and sounds amazing.

Just checked out the weber amp kits site. Lots of great kits that seem reasonably do-able for a begginer in this topic. I'd love to build a 5e3. Thats the champ model right cause thats the one i want?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jtn191

5e3 is tweed deluxe, 5f1 is champ

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: jtn191 on June 05, 2011, 07:40:09 PM
5e3 is tweed deluxe, 5f1 is champ

Thats the one. I think I may be able to convince my buddy to fund a build project for one of those Weber standalone reverb units!
I'm wondering if the price is a little cheaper since the cabinets aren't included right now.

ckim715

I have only owned 2 amps, and still own both. A Bill M modded Blues Junior and a '67 Bassman. Both give their own unique tone; the only thing I could see replacing the Bassman is a D style amp, i.e. Ceriatone or Carol Ann
-Charlie

jubal81

I'm gassing for a Dr. Z Maz 18 in the worst way. Just the sound and touch I've always dreamed of, just need to buckle down and save some bucks. Oh, and hide my credit card.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

FredGarvin

Traynor YCV-40WR, Fender Super Champ XD, And a Orange Tiny Terror. But, fav go to amp is the Tiny Terror for it's simplicity in design, construction, and sound. Love it. GAS is bad on the credit card.

Haberdasher

I only have one amp now, an Ampeg Reverberocket 6L6 combo that I stuck a Warehouse Guitar speaker in.  This amp does everything I want really; it sounds great for country, blues and rock.  I don't play any metal so I'm fine with this.

But don't let me lie to you.  My GAS is ubiquitous.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

FredGarvin

u·biq·ui·tous
   [yoo-bik-wi-tuhs]

–adjective
existing or being everywhere, especially at the same time; omnipresent: ubiquitous fog; ubiquitous little ants.

Amazing what you find on the internuts. I like to think tiny little ants are eating my brain causing GAS. I never would have thought that.  :P

bigmufffuzzwizz

I wonder what kind of GAS he's talking about.. ???
;D

jtn191

I've got GAS. both kinds. It hurts myself and others  :o

piemanelec

I gotta vote for my vintage reproduction Hiwatt DR-504.  Talk about taking pedals nicely. 
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb-ass look on your face.

Smeero

I mostly jam an old superdrive 18 (mine is a 1x12 combo with oxblood grillcloth) Very versatile little amp.

TheCobbenator

Of all the amps I've had, I'm most satisfied with my Mesa Stiletto Ace. As of late, I've been GASing for some Vox action as well. *sigh*