News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EHX Super Ego Yes or No is the question?

Started by brejna, January 23, 2015, 11:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brejna

Hi guys, mine band mate is going to Houston TX in February so I was thinking about getting EHX Super Ego. What do you think about it and where can I get best prices in the USA?
Thanks
Brane

Cortexturizer

A buddy of mine has it and I've spent some time with the pedal through him - it's a great pedal. Personally I get by with just the Freeze pedal and don't see myself upgrading to the Ego but it is worth the money. You will not be disappointed Brane. Go for it!
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

brejna

Quote from: Cortexturizer on January 24, 2015, 12:00:39 AM
A buddy of mine has it and I've spent some time with the pedal through him - it's a great pedal. Personally I get by with just the Freeze pedal and don't see myself upgrading to the Ego but it is worth the money. You will not be disappointed Brane. Go for it!
First time I saw Freeze I was in love, but when EHX released Ego I was blown away. There are not to many pedals I am looking to buy, but the most of them are EHX. Thanks Marko, I really needed second opinion. Also thinking about pog2 or mini version..

aion

I had a Freeze, but the FX loop of the Superego is what sealed it for me. The gliss and auto features I don't really use much, but the loop is fantastic. Put a POG, chorus, some reverb, whatever else triggers your fancy - it's pretty cool.

brejna

Quote from: aion on January 24, 2015, 12:56:54 AM
I had a Freeze, but the FX loop of the Superego is what sealed it for me. The gliss and auto features I don't really use much, but the loop is fantastic. Put a POG, chorus, some reverb, whatever else triggers your fancy - it's pretty cool.
Thanks for input! Where is best place to buy it in States?

aion

I got mine on eBay. I think just about any physical store would have it for the same price, around $214 - Guitar Center would be your best bet there. Plenty of them in Houston!

brejna

Quote from: aion on January 25, 2015, 12:35:24 PM
I got mine on eBay. I think just about any physical store would have it for the same price, around $214 - Guitar Center would be your best bet there. Plenty of them in Houston!
I've seen those prices were pretty similar.. Thanks ones again :)
Cheers

raulduke

I've got one and its ace.

Need some quality time to get my head around it.

The FX loop is really cool for getting nice 'pad like' textures.

brejna

Quote from: raulduke on January 26, 2015, 05:13:05 PM
I've got one and its ace.

Need some quality time to get my head around it.

The FX loop is really cool for getting nice 'pad like' textures.
It seems I'll order one! :D I love those layers of constant sound in backround. Probably first try will be something from Floyd :)