News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Stage Fright Power Supply Noise

Started by claytushaywood, January 23, 2015, 10:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

claytushaywood

My stage fright is pretty noisey to begin with (anyone disagree with this statement- maybe somethings wrong).  but its way noiseier when I try to daisychain it with one effect... when I use my 1 spot on its own without daisychaining it its a lot quieter... its still noisey but less noisey with an isolated power source. 

Anyone else have this same or differenet experiences to share?

Luke51411

I hadn't noticed any difference in mine with daisy chaining or not but it is fairly noisy which I was going to ask about.

claytushaywood

Quote from: Luke51411 on January 24, 2015, 12:07:33 AM
I hadn't noticed any difference in mine with daisy chaining or not but it is fairly noisy which I was going to ask about.

heh, well did you try running an isolated power supply?

Betty Wont

Mine is dead quiet and I use it in a high gain environment. With the Regen cranked it has some swoosh, but nothing in the way of hum, buzz, or clock noise. I daisy chain it with a 1 spot with various effects.

Ubertech_s

Have you got the stagefright in series signal chain into the amp front end, or is it parallel in an effects loop?
Yellowshark... Zero Point Mini...Autobahn...getting better all the time

Luke51411

Quote from: Torgoslayer on January 25, 2015, 04:16:11 PM
Mine is dead quiet and I use it in a high gain environment. With the Regen cranked it has some swoosh, but nothing in the way of hum, buzz, or clock noise. I daisy chain it with a 1 spot with various effects.
I get swoosh noise most of the way through the balls pot. I have a godlyke adapter and haven't had power supply noise issues with anything else. I didn't install the cap that is optional to tame the highs. I guess I need to try that next time I open it up.

claytushaywood

i just have a major difference between isolated and daisy chained power supplies.  wondering if anyone else has experience this