Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Green Bean and Royal Albert Hall

Started by AntKnee, January 23, 2015, 03:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntKnee

Here's a couple I wrapped up recently.

My "Screamer" (Grean Bean):

I have got to get me some small washers for the switches.

The Royal Albert Hall (Vero):
A big thanks to Steven "TGP39" for his help troubleshooting.

I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

wgc

Awesome, love them both!  Especially the led under the lantern.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

cooder

Very very noice builds! Dig them both and yes the LED under lantern is brilliant! Well done! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

jubal81

Quote from: cooder on January 23, 2015, 03:24:02 AM
Very very noice builds! Dig them both and yes the LED under lantern is brilliant! Well done! 8)

Yeah, that's pretty genius. Those look great. Really nice Envirotex work.
What did you use for the labels?
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

bcalla

I have been working on some screamer graphics, but I like yours a lot better.   ;D

I'm glad others commented on the lantern, I missed that at first look.  Fantastic idea (I might steal it).

AntKnee

Quote from: jubal81 on January 23, 2015, 04:21:58 AM
Quote from: cooder on January 23, 2015, 03:24:02 AM

Yeah, that's pretty genius. Those look great. Really nice Envirotex work.
What did you use for the labels?

Thanks!
I did all the graphics and labels using paint.net and printed on inkjet water slide paper. I scanned the Zeppelin album jacket (Yes, I own the vinyl!), then had to move the hermit down the mountain so he would fit in the space. That was the hard part. I downloaded a font called Kashmir, and overlayed the labels. Then I matched the background color, and ran a sepia effect on the whole thing. I sanded flat the yellow LED and left it under the envirotex. I used this same technique on the Screamer LED, but forgot to turn it on in the pic. I also recently switched my LDR preference to 10k. The 3mm LEDs are just way bright.

AntKnee

Quote from: bcalla on January 23, 2015, 04:24:10 AM
I have been working on some screamer graphics, but I like yours a lot better.   ;D

I'm glad others commented on the lantern, I missed that at first look.  Fantastic idea (I might steal it).

I am happy to share my ideas and graphics files. Just let me know! I usually hold my LED drilling until I finalize my concept. I try to incorporate it in some way.

Stomptown

Those are both beautiful builds and I am stunned by the guts on that vero build!

AntKnee

Quote from: Stomptown on January 23, 2015, 04:44:36 AM
Those are both beautiful builds and I am stunned by the guts on that vero build!

Thank you!
I wanted all the pot wires hidden and spent some time wiring them so they could sit under the vero. I got them so tight that I didnt have to mount the board. It just rests on its wiring and is totally stationary. The key to keeping it clean was inserting the wires from the bottom. I also took the gut pic before I added the LED, so its short a couple wires.

Luke51411

Wow! Nice builds. I'll second the love for the led under the lantern. I've been getting bored of standard led configuration lately.

alanp

Everything about that RAH is very, very nice!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

selfdestroyer

Quote from: alanp on January 23, 2015, 05:33:30 AM
Everything about that RAH is very, very nice!

Agreed. One fine looking vero build you have there. The LED is epic. love it.

Cody

TGP39

Anthony, you knocked that RAH out of the park!  So beautiful!  I'm so happy it turned out so AWESOME! 

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

Willybomb

QuoteI have been working on some screamer graphics, but I like yours a lot better.   ;D

Dammit, I've been working on a pinup model riding a vacuum tube too.  Not super happy with it yet, but it's for a vero build I'll probably never box.

studiodunn

The lamp is epic man. Just subtle enough to really work with the graphics. Great work!