News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fatpants 2013 question

Started by billstein, January 21, 2015, 05:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billstein

Hi all,

Just finished up a Fatpants 2013 and tested it and nothing. Quick question. Because that is buffered and isn't the usual wiring that I'm used to, would I test it the same way as every other pedal just the in, out, 9v and ground? Or, do I have to do something with the SW on the board? Does the LED have to be hooked up? I'm confused.

juansolo

If you're doing it buffered bypass, then the ins/outs come from the board and you'll need the switch in place. You can wire the FP2013 as a normal pedal. Easier to do that for testing (only 4 wires).
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

mgwhit

The SW pads on the Fatpants 2013 ground the input to Q2 when connected, so they're really only for use with the buffered bypass arrangement.  If you use a standard testing rig with the In/Out/9V/G pads as Juan suggests, you can leave the SW pads alone.

billstein

Thanks guys. So I'd leave the wires to "B", "SW", and the LED completely out of the equation for the testing.

mgwhit

Quote from: billstein on January 21, 2015, 05:16:36 PM
So I'd leave the wires to "B", "SW", and the LED completely out of the equation for the testing.

Yep.  That's the easiest way to do it.  If it tests correctly with true bypass, it should work fine in buffered bypass -- as long as you wire it like the build doc shows.