News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DigiTech Trio - "band in a box"

Started by culturejam, January 20, 2015, 06:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

gtr2

Seems like a neat offering!  Would be cool to see a bit more of a demo.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Shrtyska9

That is pretty awesome!! Would definitely fun to play around with.
But I can't get past his blacked out "Where's Waldo" outfit. It's like he's Home Invasion Waldo. Lol.
Richard

cooder

Pretty nifty and fun as well as useful tool for sure. A blessing for lonely musos and bedroom creativity. That's a massive market me thinks and I'd like one too.
As long as I don't have to wear a black beany... ;)
Quote from: Shrtyska9 on January 20, 2015, 08:14:25 PM
That is pretty awesome!! Would definitely fun to play around with.
But I can't get past his blacked out "Where's Waldo" outfit. It's like he's Home Invasion Waldo. Lol.
That made me laugh for sure.... ;D
BigNoise Amplification

playpunk

Me too. This would be great for solo church worship leaders....
"my legend grows" - playpunk

GermanCdn

That is pretty slick.

Ever get the impression (with the cool things coming out of Digitech and EHX as of late) that they've gone "Hey, DIYs gonna DIY, so let's build something they can't DIY."?
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

pickdropper

Quote from: GermanCdn on January 20, 2015, 09:31:02 PM
That is pretty slick.

Ever get the impression (with the cool things coming out of Digitech and EHX as of late) that they've gone "Hey, DIYs gonna DIY, so let's build something they can't DIY."?

That's possible although they are large enough that I wonder how much DIY even affects their bottom line.

I wonder if they are doing it to differentiate from the other boutiquers, most of whom can't do this either.  A lot of folks like their boutique overdrives and I suspect that has cut into sales for Digitech (maybe not EHX).  But this stuff is different and they are competing more against the other big companies.

I have no idea if that is accurate; it's just a thought.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Leevibe

It's hard to say how stuff like this will contribute to music over the course of time. It reminds me of when Garageband came out. I worked with a guy who was telling me about it and he was saying that it was going to completely change music because anyone, regardless of musical ability, was going to be able to make amazing music. In reality, it's a tool that gives musical people access to making amazing music.

This pedal looks pretty cool in some ways. It could provide some really good creative sparks, or it could be just a lot of the same stuff over and over again. I'd like to hear what it does with different kinds of stuff thrown at it. I also wonder if you're stuck with those drum sounds or if you can select different kits. It wouldn't matter much for just messing around songwriting etc., but I find drum samples to get old quick.

I'm not meaning to sound so negative. This kind of technology has tons of potential. I'm just wondering how it will play out.