News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Q-vibe photocell mount

Started by AntKnee, January 19, 2015, 05:57:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntKnee

Is the 9203 photocell supposed to be bent over so the flat part faces the bulb? or just mounted similar to a cap, with the flat part facing up, next to the bulb? I've been searching the build reports, but have seen various cells and mountings. I am using the suggested parts from Small Bear in the BOM. (9203 photocell with the JKL 560-8099SB lamp) What is the best way to install this setup?

Thanks!
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

AntKnee

Nobody has built a Quadrovibe?   ;D

PhiloB

I built it:)  if I remember right, I faced the cell directly toward the bulb and put heat shrink around it.  I made the mistake of not connecting the rate LED.  Won't work without it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PhiloB

Found my build report.  Here is a screen shot of the cell+bulb

AntKnee

Quote from: PhiloB on January 20, 2015, 10:50:56 PM
I built it:)  if I remember right, I faced the cell directly toward the bulb and put heat shrink around it.  I made the mistake of not connecting the rate LED.  Won't work without it!

Is that cell the 9203? Did you have to bend it 90 degrees to face the lamp? Mine faces straight up if mounted as is.
Thanks!

PhiloB

yeah, I think I remember having to bend it

Luke51411

Yeah you'll have to bend it 90 degrees and may have to tweak its proximity to the lamp to get the effect you like. I haven't built a quadrovibe but know this from experience with other "roll your own" vactrols.

AntKnee

I suspected so.
Thank you, gentlemen!