News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A mini-multi - 5150

Started by juansolo, January 16, 2015, 07:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

I was thinking this might be tight when I decided to put it into a Camden Boss small box (they're shorter and more shallow than a 1590B, fractionally wider though), well tight is an understatement. The gutshot is genuinely as far as you can open the box and when it's together there is no wiggle room at all in anything. Not a sausage.

In there is a Grind Customs Octane (formally Inline8), a very 80's sounding distortion, with a Script Phase 90 clone. The I8 is actually my old 1590A rehoused and the P90 is one of Pickdroppers 1590A boards also.

I get asked about the light tent a bit and I've started assembling new lights for it (long story as to why this is being such a ball-ache) and they're still missing some reflectors that I'm going to have to get. But here you go, a table top light tent and a couple of lamps.

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

m-Kresol

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

juansolo

Tight is an understatement...

The jacks fit between the pots so tightly that they don't need bolt on them and all three (two pots and one jack) had to go in in one go for them to get in there. Wiring occurred later.

Madly the Inline 8 is pot mounted on the level pot with just fits underneath the two stomp boards.

The jacks have their pins bent flat and the P90 sort of sits in the gap. The caps just clear the path of the in plug, one of the caps is pressed against the I8's IC, and everything was made ultra low profile to fit in the gaps available.

It had to be built in stages and tested as it went along as it's pretty much impossible to take apart now. I may have gone too far with this one... ;)

rullywowr

Tighter than a nun's....
...well uh nevermind.   ;D

That is seriously some great wiring there!  Love the decal and layout as well. 

-Ben

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

pickdropper

I highly approve of this build.  My kind of madness.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

wgc

very awesome, thanks for showing your light set up too, even if not done.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Hogharry

My that's tight! Surprised you didn't try to get a plate reverb in there as well. I bet it sounds good.

Nice to see that your lights are working.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

davent

Nice seeing your photo setup. Your pedals always pop off the screen, it's not only your eye catching designs but the quality of the photos themselves. Great looking pedal and great photos!

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

cooder

Awesomesauce! And a tight one (did anyone mention that yet... ;)) for that matter... Looking good and great to see you photo booth thingy...
BigNoise Amplification

sonarchotic

jubal81

Quote from: davent on January 16, 2015, 11:22:31 PM
Nice seeing your photo setup. Your pedals always pop off the screen, it's not only your eye catching designs but the quality of the photos themselves. Great looking pedal and great photos!

dave

Yeah.
I don't think there's any way Id've tried this one, either. Smashing!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

GrindCustoms

Challenge accepted!

That looks like lotta fun! ;D
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

TGP39

Love it, Love it, Love it.   You should have stuck a lump of coal in there....you'd have a diamond by next week.   ;D
Beautiful artwork and mad skills putting this together.  I like your photo set up as well.  Cheers.

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

juansolo

Quote from: GrindCustoms on January 17, 2015, 04:29:08 AM
Challenge accepted!

FWIW I consider a 125B to be cheating ;)

GrindCustoms

Quote from: juansolo on January 17, 2015, 09:20:42 AM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on January 17, 2015, 04:29:08 AM
Challenge accepted!

FWIW I consider a 125B to be cheating ;)

I consider a 1590B as a fair contender  ;)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/