News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Doubel Ganger

Started by selfdestroyer, January 16, 2015, 03:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jopn

Awesome!  I'm in the process boxing mine right now as well, also in portrait with top jacks.  Seeing this is great inspiration to keep going!

Bret608

This is just stunning--if I hadn't done the phasor ii recently I'd be all over this.

Can you tell me where you got those knobs? I really like the way they look an enclosure laid out in this manner.

Hexjibber

Gah! I couldn't resist, I've put my name on the sheet for a board!

selfdestroyer

Thanks everyone.

Quote from: bcalla on January 16, 2015, 04:42:42 AM
That looks awesome!  I see you skipped the shielded wire.  Good to know that works.

I did, I tested it with a UltraStoner before it and also with a compressor and I had no excessive noise at all so I decided to leave it out for now.

Quote from: micromegas on January 16, 2015, 09:07:58 AM
Outstanding etch!

Big enclosures with that much blank space are harder to get right, and this one is way better than right!
Thanks, I ended up having to use a larger Rubermaid container since the one I usually use would not fit the 1790NS. I was worried about the amount of aluminum that needed to be etched away on this reverse but I just took my time and did it in small increments. 

Quote from: Luke51411 on January 16, 2015, 02:07:15 PM
Very nice!!! I need to build one of these eventually! I thought I've been building a lot lately... We're going to start expecting a daily build report!
Haha, the thing is, when I do enclosure etching I do as many as I can at a time. Since taking out all the stuff to do the etches take up time and space I like to do at least 3-5 of them at a time. I was home sick last week and got the artwork for 8-10 pedals done and I already had the PCBs populated and tested just sitting around. It was time to get these all boxed up and on my board.

Quote from: Bret608 on January 16, 2015, 03:03:42 PM
This is just stunning--if I hadn't done the phasor ii recently I'd be all over this.
Can you tell me where you got those knobs? I really like the way they look an enclosure laid out in this manner.
I will have to hunt down the invoice but I think they were from Mouser and I think they were these.
http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=450-2023-GRXvirtualkey56100000virtualkey450-2023-GRX
I bought so many knobs from all kinds of different sources 2 weeks ago. I wanted to try to find something other than Davies clones.

Quote from: Hexjibber on January 16, 2015, 03:04:05 PM
Gah! I couldn't resist, I've put my name on the sheet for a board!
Build it! its awesome.

Cody

sonarchotic

Beautiful build man! Can't wait to get mine built someday. Maybe I'll get up the nerve to try an etch as well. You make it tempting!

TGP39

Good Lord!  I have yet to see one of your builds and not be impressed.  Way better than any market production pedal.  It's just silly how talented you are.  Silly I tell ya!  :o

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

LaceSensor

brilliant in every way. like the red PCB / red box
executed to perfection and glad you like the sounds you can acheive

did you use the 2k span pots and the recommended LDRs?

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

ggarms

Yeah, this is gorgeous! Is that the krylon shimmer we talked about a while back? LOVELY!

jubal81

Damn, dude. I was never planning on building one, but seeing yours makes me want it. Really top-notch, bud.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

m-Kresol

just fyi, your build report coupled with a new TC electronics polytune 2 mini lead to a complete rearrangement of my board tonight and I had to just put the doppelgänger on it. One of the LEDs inside got loose, so I fixed that and added heatshrink to the LED-LDR combos too. This thing is fantastic. I have no clue, how to play with a phaser but it was fun nevertheless. Takes up lots of space on the board though.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

LaceSensor

Quote from: m-Kresol on January 19, 2015, 10:57:33 PM
Takes up lots of space on the board though.

:)

bit smaller than the real deals, and a lot shorter

Apocalypto