News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bass overdrive selection question

Started by Luke51411, January 14, 2015, 01:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thesameage

Quote from: Frag Magnet on January 15, 2015, 01:43:05 AM
I don't know that he's willing to part with any boards as it's an IDA product but Rej's Behemoth sounds amazing.

Mine's a pernament fixture in my bass rig.

Is the Behemoth based on anything?

Frag Magnet

Quote from: thesameage on January 15, 2015, 09:17:33 PM
Quote from: Frag Magnet on January 15, 2015, 01:43:05 AM
I don't know that he's willing to part with any boards as it's an IDA product but Rej's Behemoth sounds amazing.

Mine's a pernament fixture in my bass rig.

Is the Behemoth based on anything?
It's kinda Klon-ish with a quad op-amp, a JFET boost, and of course a lot of bass-optimization.
Careful what you wish for, friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

jimilee

Byoc od and jmk are two of my favs. The behemoth is klonish but lives one board. Usually not something he will part with though.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: jimilee on January 15, 2015, 11:51:58 PM
Byoc od and jmk are two of my favs. The behemoth is klonish but lives one board. Usually not something he will part with though.

I have couple boards laying around, populated to the specs you and Frag where given, it have much changed now, but i could let one of those go if you're interested.

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

thesameage

Just got my Behemoth board today. Have to order pots (anyone know what the values are offhand?) and am thinking of putting it in an enclosure with a 1 knob engineer's thumb from JMK. 

the3secondrule

Quote from: GrindCustoms on January 16, 2015, 12:07:09 AM
Quote from: jimilee on January 15, 2015, 11:51:58 PM

I have couple boards laying around, populated to the specs you and Frag where given, it have much changed now, but i could let one of those go if you're interested.

Rej

Hey Rej,

I'd be interested in one of these if they are still available/up for grabs? I'm still searching for my ultimate bass dirt - currently it's a heavily modded rat, a voodoo bass, and a kingslayer.

Also, I named my DAM ezekiel clone PCBs behemoth, didn't realise the name was already taken. I'll re-name them for the next run to avoid confusion ;)
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"