News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Distortus Maximus on Vero

Started by Hogharry, January 10, 2015, 10:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogharry

Krank Distortus Maximus on Vero. I really like this one, something about the tone reminds me of a 1980s Marshall that I used to own. I used IvIark's layout, with additional mid cut and hi cut switches based on ideas from the Tagboard blog. A classic case of me over complicating something that works fine in the first place. There appear to be similarities between this circuit and the Purple Plexi 800, which has a single tone control instead of the TMB stack and therefore less off board wiring.

Why a giant tortoise? Well, let's say that the visual puns may have hit an all time low...

...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

the3secondrule

Love it. Distortus or dat tortus?
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Hogharry

Quote from: the3secondrule on January 10, 2015, 11:01:36 PM
Yep. Dis Tortus Maximus. Actually there is a Turtus Minimus in the pic as well.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

TGP39

Ha ha. Love it!  The lettering is a little hard to read, but it really looks awesome overall.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

nzCdog

Quote from: Hogharry on January 10, 2015, 11:21:03 PM
Quote from: the3secondrule on January 10, 2015, 11:01:36 PM
Yep. Dis Tortus Maximus. Actually there is a Turtus Minimus in the pic as well.
gold ;D

Great job

Hogharry

Thanks guys!
Quote from: TGP39 on January 11, 2015, 01:24:32 AM
Ha ha. Love it!  The lettering is a little hard to read, but it really looks awesome overall.
The text is fine in real life. Not sure that's my best photo, looks a bit soft and the tortoise is more blue.

Tortoise jokes aside, it sounds great, which is the main thing.

bcalla

SmoothAction

Nice guts! The drilling is super straight and tight. My OCD loves it. The font color is badass too, I wouldn't change a thing. Makes my eyes feel weird  ;)

Any funky decay issues? Those 386's can be punks sometimes.

Clean build!

artstomp

..at first glance i thought those toggle switches were the tortoise' eyes..but when i looked again..i saw an eye just above the left toggle sw..nevertheless..it still looks good...

Hogharry

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Quote from: SmoothAction on January 13, 2015, 12:17:46 AM
Nice guts! The drilling is super straight and tight. My OCD loves it. The font color is badass too, I wouldn't change a thing. Makes my eyes feel weird  ;)

Any funky decay issues? Those 386's can be punks sometimes.

Clean build!
I can't say I've experienced the decay thing. Maybe I've just been lucky. :D