News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

LED issue with a Si Tonebender

Started by mshuptar, January 09, 2015, 01:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mshuptar

Good evening everybody,

I'm working on Madbean silicon tone bender and using the 1776 Effects 3PDT breakout board with it. I got everything hooked up, tested it, and it sounds good & loud. However, the LED on the Tonebender board isn't lighting up.

I matched the terminals on the main circuit board (9V / G / IN / OUT) to the same terminals on the breakout board (but I didn't put a 4.7k resistor on the breakout board). I'm sure I'm missing one small detail but I can't figure it out. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

mgwhit

There's a pad on the Tonebender board labeled SW.  That stands for Switch and is connected to the cathode of the LED.  If you look at the standard MadBean wiring diagram, you'll see where the cathode (flat side) of the LED connects to the top left lug on the 3PDT switch.  That's the connection you'll need to duplicate.

I only have an old version of the 1776 3PDT board, but the cathode pad of the LED mounting point has continuity to lug A1.  If that's the same on your board, you should be able to wire the SW lug from the Tonebender board to the LED's cathode (negative, flat) pad on the 1776 board and make it work.  Good luck!

mshuptar

Thanks for the help; problem solved! (I knew it had to be something simple like that.)

mgwhit