News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tayda Discounts

Started by bigmufffuzzwizz, May 28, 2011, 05:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmufffuzzwizz

After I put in my order the other day they sent me some coupon codes. I spent about $100 bucks so I'm sure I'm not gonna be ordering again at least in the next week. I have 2 coupon codes which both expire on May 30, 2011. One if for $15 off an order of $100 and the other is $6 off an order of $50. Wish they would have let me use this towards my order but its all good. These also would be great towards enclosures but they are out of stock and I'd rather see someone use the coupon then let them expire. Send me a PM if your interested and I'll give you the code of course!  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jcuempire

I got that same email and I won't be using mine either.  I had the same situation where the email followed a big order.  If anyone would like them, you can PM as well.

bigmufffuzzwizz

I emailed them asking if it could be applied to my order and my response was an email saying my orders been shipped. oh well that's the marketing scam.

sgmezei

Hey BigMuff and jcuempire I am considering my first time ordering with Tayda. Any concerns or issues with them? Also, I can't find pots with solder terminals so I am assuming they dont sell them. Thanks guys.

bigmufffuzzwizz

I like them all the way through. I keep their store open and futurlec open and just compare. They ship super fast and you should have it in a week from singapore!!! They have cheap priced 3PDT now. The pots don't have solder lugs which I did worry about at first. But I've come to like working with them and they come with a free pot condom (good luck taking it off) for 55 cents!

Myramyd

Good to know--I signed up and got their coupon code too so I'm going to do my first order with them tomorrow.

Unbelievable how much you can get from them for $20!

It will be nice if everything is decent quality.

I will still use Small Bear or PPP for all the Important stuff though.

J

sgmezei

Yeah me too. I still want to support small bear but I have to order a TON of pots so I will look around and see. What about the quality difference with the 3pdt stomps? I mean 2.99 vs. 8.50 is a big difference because I am ordering 30 of them. Any thoughts?

I also plan to order from Tayda on monday so if anyone wants to let me know of any special items they like to stock up on from them I would be much obliged.

Haberdasher

psst.  don't sleep on the 51 cent pt2399's while you're there.
They also have Tl082's for about a quarter if you're building the egodriver, and op07's (good sub in a slow loris) for about the same.  And grab lots of diodes, led's, led mounts, greenie caps, etc.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: Haberdasher on May 28, 2011, 11:41:02 PM
psst.  don't sleep on the 51 cent pt2399's while you're there.
They also have Tl082's for about a quarter if you're building the egodriver, and op07's (good sub in a slow loris) for about the same.  And grab lots of diodes, led's, led mounts, greenie caps, etc.

never noticed those.. :-X

sgmezei

holy crap!!! that is cheap

I am a little worried about stocking up on caps because I never know which ones I will need. I usually order 5 to 10 boards and order all the parts for those at the same time. I know I should stock up I guess.

What do you folks with more experience suggest? like for the greenies. values?

bigmufffuzzwizz

definitely lots of 1 uf, .1 uf, .01 uf, .001 uf, and then pick your favorite pedal!!
Big muff = .047, .47, .0039 and you could build any of the 4 gruntbox/mudbunny variations. (I ordered extra in ceramic disc caps to try and verify if the myth is true)  :)
It just happens to be the parts list in front of me  ::)

jcuempire

Quote from: sgmezei on May 28, 2011, 09:03:14 PM
Hey BigMuff and jcuempire I am considering my first time ordering with Tayda. Any concerns or issues with them?

This was my first order with them.  It was so cheap that I ended up buying multiples of alot of stuff simply because I didn't realize they were selling them in batches of 10!  But they were faster than futurelec and every bit as good.  I will order from them again

Haberdasher

I forgot to mention earlier- they also have very low prices on trimmers and sockets.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

bigmufffuzzwizz

They added DC power jacks, .16 cents!!! (only I wish they would stock the ones with the external nut)
Also they added 1/4" jacks but they look to be the same quality as the mammoth economy ones. I haven't had any problem with those jacks yet, but the stereo does have 4 lugs which can be confusing. I simply took my wire strippers and use the teeth to break off the one I didn't need. From there maybe cover it w/ some hot glue or similiar to keep anything from shorting onto it.
If you do vero or perf this would be a great place to buy it from. Its in the prototype board section. Veroboard is .65 cents so 10 bucks would get you 12 of them with shipping included! That's easially enough board for 30 small-medium size projects. And the polyfilm are listed next to the mylar place so they'll gonna be added soon! Can't wait to see what they price them at!!!
They also added random transistors that I requested like BC448. I can't remember the rest off the top of my head but I'm hoping they head in even more of a pedal friendly direction.

JakeFuzz

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on May 29, 2011, 02:17:56 PM
They added DC power jacks, .16 cents!!! (only I wish they would stock the ones with the external nut)
Also they added 1/4" jacks but they look to be the same quality as the mammoth economy ones. I haven't had any problem with those jacks yet, but the stereo does have 4 lugs which can be confusing. I simply took my wire strippers and use the teeth to break off the one I didn't need. From there maybe cover it w/ some hot glue or similiar to keep anything from shorting onto it.
If you do vero or perf this would be a great place to buy it from. Its in the prototype board section. Veroboard is .65 cents so 10 bucks would get you 12 of them with shipping included! That's easially enough board for 30 small-medium size projects. And the polyfilm are listed next to the mylar place so they'll gonna be added soon! Can't wait to see what they price them at!!!
They also added random transistors that I requested like BC448. I can't remember the rest off the top of my head but I'm hoping they head in even more of a pedal friendly direction.

:o

I just ordered 20 DC jacks, such a ridiculously good price. They're like 1.50 everywhere else. I also ordered a stomp switch to see if it is any good.