News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bloviator problems

Started by Gialli, January 07, 2015, 02:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gialli

Hi guys,
I'm trying to build a bloviator V1 but I've some problems with Ic's pins' voltages.
First of all, I'm using a regulable power supply setted in 9v but I can read 11v on the circuit supply, is it normal?
I've used a sound probe to find the problem and I've seen the output of the first amp (IC1A pin1) is distorted, and after R5 there is a degradation of the sound, hence I've no sound on the output of the second amp stage (IC2A pin1).
With the multimeter I've read the voltages on the pins:
After the first stage (a voltage follower) the output is double than the input.
The voltage reference Vb is close to 10v and I've seen that the voltage divider (r22 and r21) doesn't split the voltage in half, so I have 10v on the output of TL071. Why I have this? what do you think?

I hope I've been clear and somebody will be willing to reply
The insanity lies in doing the same thing expecting different results

drolo

There seems to be something wrong around your Vb. Check if the connections are good and that you have no solder bridges. About your 11v power supply voltage, unless you have a regulated power supply, the voltage of a power supply will depend on the load that it is hooked to. So for example a supply may read 11v when nothing is connected, but 9v when you connect a circuit to it. But that should not be what is causing your issue.

Gialli

Thank you for your reply drolo.
Yes, I think there's a problem on the Vb too. If you consider the picture I've attached , I can't understand why the voltage divider made by r21 and r22 doesn't split the supply in half, but I have a voltage on the input of tl071 very close to supply.
The insanity lies in doing the same thing expecting different results

drolo

May sound silly but check if all the components are the right value, if the electro caps are in the correct direction, if there are no shorts or loose solder joints.