News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mosquete - Musket Big Muff

Started by Guybrush, January 04, 2015, 02:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guybrush

Hey all

Here's my latest. It's a Blackout Effectors Musket built on Hexjibber's Muff Gun board. Massive thank to Graham for help with the build.

After playing with it for a while I think it's become my favourite dirt pedal. It covers everything from overdrive, distortion and of course fuzz. It doesn't do splattery FF type fuzz but it's got smooth, thick BMP sounds aplenty.

I really love the Musket's black and white  artwork so I used that as inspiration and did my own take on it.

Thanks to Graham's great layout I can hands down say this is the neatest build I've finished. The first gut shot I'm not embarrassed to post.

If you're into fuzz then I definitely recommend giving this circuit a go.

Cheers.

playpunk

I love it. If I didn't have 20+ projects sitting around......
"my legend grows" - playpunk

micromegas

wow! Is that an etch? fantastisch!!
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

m-Kresol

This looks wonderful, love the artwork!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

GrindCustoms

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Droogie

Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

bcalla

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Mich P

catfud

Cool design! Is that a 125b or 1590b?

rullywowr

That etch is killer man!  Loving this. 

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

cooder

Awesome stuff, clean, tidy, killa etch!  8) Very noice!
BigNoise Amplification

Guybrush

Cheers guys. Afraid it's not an etch though (can you etch in two colours?) It's just a transparent label that I designed in Photoshop. The black bits are printed, the white bits are see through.

To do the graphic and paint job I sprayed the top white then masked off where the label would go. I then sprayed the box black and then removed the mask. Stuck the label on and that's it.

Enclosure is a 125b.

Hexjibber

Dude that looks awesome, the graphic is sweet! Really like how you've done that, it definitely pops!

Glad the board was all ok, yours is the first build I've seen and its a beaut!

Great pedal imo, as you say it can do all sorts of tones, really versatile considering its just a Muff with a few extra bell and whistles!

Again, nice work!