News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A Pair of Drolos

Started by Droogie, January 04, 2015, 02:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Droogie

Had the day off yesterday, and wasted no time in popping the Giant Hogweed, and boxing it up today. Not sure that I have a serious use for this pedal (except sonically inappropriate jazz and country solos), but it's really fun.  I love the the Stabilization control, and also the fact that it says "Stab" on the board (although it acts more like it's taking a blunt instrument to the fuzz). Sweet having the octaves on a switch too. Fun to put together and the perfect way to utilize my last LM308. I'll call it "Invasive Species".

Invasive Species' older brother is the Twin Peaks Tremolo. I should have done a build report a long time ago, but I couldn't take it off the board. There are so many sounds in this thing, still learning what all the possibilities are. The box is anodized yellow from PPP—looks more like olive green to me but I like it nonetheless. A bit of a squeeze to get in the box yet ultimately doable.

Kudos to David for making these available. Looking forward to the phaser!

Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

alanp

This might sound stupid, a, but it feels good to see someone else here doing sandwiched boards. (I was building up a second filter bank earlier today -- out of capacitors, again...)

For the amount of stuff in each box, it really looks quite tidy! Are you going to label the controls?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

lincolnic

These look great! Nice work, neighbor.

Question about the Twin Peaks -- I see you didn't screw the boards together like drolo suggested in the build doc. Is there something else supporting the top board, or is it just held in place by the links on the left there?

cooder

Awesome work, looking great! 8)
I've got a Twin Peaks sitting in my to do pile, waiting for the winter....
BigNoise Amplification

Hangingmonkey

Quote from: alanp on January 04, 2015, 02:59:08 AM
This might sound stupid, a, but it feels good to see someone else here doing sandwiched boards. (I was building up a second filter bank earlier today -- out of capacitors, again...)

For the amount of stuff in each box, it really looks quite tidy! Are you going to label the controls?

I think sandwiched boards are cool, heres my contribution.  Obviously its not in the same league as what you guys are doing...!

Droogie

Yes, still have to label the controls (on these and 10 others). Nothing holding the boards but the jumpers. It seems to be fine as the jumpers feel pretty solid.

Quote from: Hangingmonkey on January 04, 2015, 09:07:58 AM

I think sandwiched boards are cool, heres my contribution.  Obviously its not in the same league as what you guys are doing...!

That's a real Dagwood! It's in it's own league

drolo

Neat job on both of these :-)

I see you found a better way to cram the momentary switch in there as I usually do. Did the solder lugs fit under the PCB's this way? Mine is usually lurking ungraciously over the LED ...

rullywowr

These both look excellent.  Cool circuits and great implementation!   ;D

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Droogie

Thanks guys! And thanks David for creating these!. The lugs just fit under the board on mine. Had to dremel out a bit of the lip on the enclosure cover cause I placed the in/out jacks too low. At least I'll learn from my mistake when the phaser project shows up.