News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Two fuzz boxen

Started by catfud, January 03, 2015, 12:18:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catfud

Bumblebee (Madbean Bumblebee)

Using the positive ground Madbean Bumblebee board, with a Madbean 3PRR to invert the voltage supply.
I used 2 x AC128s for Q1 and Q2, and a GT108v for Q3, after trying out various combinations these sounded best to me. Loving the range of tones from the buzzaround.
The enclosure was another of the Hammond-powdercoated 1590b. Since our home is printer-free I opted for my usual manual decoration, labelling with ink stamps; I drew the bumblebee with a permanent black marker pen and decorated the wings with a white craft pen. The bee's head glows when the effect's active. The knobs are nice compact metal knobs from chromesphere's webstore.

And the Bumblebee guts:

Tone Bender (Madbean Pastyface)

The board's populated according to the Soulbender specs, with another Madbean 3PRR board to invert the voltage supply. After trying out various different transistor combinations I went with 3 x AC128s as they sounded the best to my ears. Enclosure is a Hammond-powdercoated 1590b, labelled with trusty ink stamps. Knobs are Tayda's Marshall-alikes.
Been trying to nail some early Zeppelin tones with this, and the pedal gets into the ballpark, which is nice. Also looking forward to building the Si Tonebender to compare/contrast.

And the tonebender guts:

Enjoy, and thanks for looking :)

cooder

Boxes of awesome fuzziness! Great builds! 8)
Those alu knobs from chromosphere look indeed very nice!
BigNoise Amplification

LaceSensor

these are real nice
the stamps look great

Kinki fuzz

Great work, I like them a lot!

Hogharry

Great builds, the bee looks especially good.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

selfdestroyer

I really love the bee. Work of art.

Cody

Bret608

I used a 3PRR on my Pastyface too. Glad I did! Both these builds look great. I am planning to try out a Dizzy Tone on the Bumblebee board this year. I've got a Buzzaround as well and it's one of my favorite fuzz circuits.