News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dream Scream - Snarkdoodle and Deadpool combo (TSF and O'Mutantes)

Started by mcasemo, January 01, 2015, 10:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcasemo

Someone asked me to make a tubescreamer so I came up with a graphic, but then they wanted something else (Maxon OD), I liked the graphic, but didn't really want to make a tubescreamer for myself, so tried to find something else to fit it.  So came up with running the os mutantes fuzz (deadpool) into the tube sound fuzz (snarkdoodle).  for the interest of symmetry i put a SWTC2 on the TSF.  The deadpool is crazy sounding, not sure these are the best things to pair together, but it's built so thought I'd share.  going to let some of my real musician friends test it out out.

The graphic pick ups on another pedal i made the dream squeezer, an orange squeezer with a dreamsicle being squeezed by resistors and transistors with a bite out of it.
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=16693.msg158411#msg158411

alanp

I really, really like the artwork :) Not bad on the rest of, either!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

bcalla

selfdestroyer

Wow, this is so cool. I would definitely put this on my board. I love the artwork and I am really beginning to warm up to the hexagon enclosures. The control layout is also awesome.

Cody

mcasemo

Thanks everyone.  Turns out the tone control it not working well, don't think you can just slap a SWTC2 or whatever on the end of this, going to try some other things there.  I've read adding a 10k pot in parallel with the capacitor separating the stage can give you some tonal variation.  Any other suggested tone type mods (switch or pot) that i can fill my "tone" spot on the enclosure with?