News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone seen these enclosures?

Started by Leevibe, December 31, 2014, 03:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leevibe

I had never heard of Rixen enclosures before. These are spendy but cool.

selfdestroyer

Not to discredit these Rixen enclosures. Seems like every 9-10 months some new enclosure is introduced from the normal 1590's and they seem to never really take off due to the crazy price tag. Don't get me wrong, I love the look of the old Boss/Maxon/Ibanez pedals but $20 a pop is just a buzz kill for me. Also, the folded steel EHX style enclosures always seem to go for way more money than I want to pay.

Cody

playpunk

I want some of the j. Rockett style enclosures, personally. These are cool, but not worth 6x the money as a standard enclosure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

rullywowr

Those Rixen do look pretty sweet...too bad they weren't closer to say $10 or $12 (including the switch).

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

blearyeyes

Nice...

Scruffie

It's not that different from the smallbear barebox, which is less than half the price.

Quote from: selfdestroyer on December 31, 2014, 05:28:29 PM
Also, the folded steel EHX style enclosures always seem to go for way more money than I want to pay.

Cody
It would be really great if someone started producing these in large enough quantity to make them affordable for more than a one off pedal once a year... I wonder if Steve at smallbear would once the barebox becomes profitable enough.
Works at Lectric-FX

Leevibe

Quote from: Scruffie on January 02, 2015, 11:37:37 PM
It's not that different from the smallbear barebox, which is less than half the price.

Quote from: selfdestroyer on December 31, 2014, 05:28:29 PM
Also, the folded steel EHX style enclosures always seem to go for way more money than I want to pay.

Cody
It would be really great if someone started producing these in large enough quantity to make them affordable for more than a one off pedal once a year... I wonder if Steve at smallbear would once the barebox becomes profitable enough.

Yeah, I have plans to give the bare box a try soon. It's just kind of ugly judging by the pics. Still, I like the space efficiency of either box. Deep enough to stack boards etc