Boneyard

Started by juansolo, May 25, 2011, 09:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

k.rock!

Wow that's a lot of wire!  :o

Looks great dude, how do you like it? I have one coming in the mail :)

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

juansolo

Only had 10 mins play with it today, but I like it. Really nice and crunchy distortion. I was worried with all the wires in there (I'd laid out the knobs before I'd realised how I was going to wire it all so they ended up with a lot longer than I'd like), but it's still surprisingly quiet.

k.rock!

Quote from: juansolo on May 25, 2011, 09:35:59 PM
Only had 10 mins play with it today, but I like it. Really nice and crunchy distortion. I was worried with all the wires in there (I'd laid out the knobs before I'd realised how I was going to wire it all so they ended up with a lot longer than I'd like), but it's still surprisingly quiet.

That's awesome dude...as always you made a work of art inside and out that box...you're definitely one of my favorite builders around here (no offense to anyone, there's a LOT of talent in 'Bean land, I'm just being honest haha) Seriously you do amazing work!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

sprayfe

that looks excellent!  Mind if I ask how you mount your led's?
Thanks!

juansolo

Quote from: sprayfe on May 25, 2011, 10:11:40 PM
that looks excellent!  Mind if I ask how you mount your led's?
Thanks!

The negative leg of the led is soldered directly to the switch, it holds it in place. That's how I prefer to do it anyway when the design allows it.

nzCdog

Nice pedal dude  8)
Love your graphic work

night-B

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

bigmufffuzzwizz

You do very fine work. Very fine indeed!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

bangerang101

Awesome job, looks great!
Owner of Luck Duck Pedals (LDP)

TheCobbenator

Looks sweet! I'm getting more and more eager to get mine done. I still can't decide if I want to include the boost and gain toggle as toggles or footswitches... How do you like all the combos?

juansolo

Quote from: TheCobbenator on June 01, 2011, 07:06:17 AM
Looks sweet! I'm getting more and more eager to get mine done. I still can't decide if I want to include the boost and gain toggle as toggles or footswitches... How do you like all the combos?

If I did another I'd probably omit the boost as the hi-gain kinda has it covered. The 3 stomps does get you 3 usable tones, I just don't think it's really neccessary. That and I'd rather save a bit of cash on hardware and free up a bit more enclosure real estate.

TheCobbenator

Yeah I was going to house it in a 1590BB regardless, but wasn't sure if I should run the hi gain/crunch toggle as a footswitch or toggle switch. I never really used the hi gain setting when I had a real Plexitone a few years back and really just wanted the lower gain sounds of the plexitone. Thanks for the input!