News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

harbinger's lamp question

Started by HailToTheBlues, December 21, 2014, 04:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HailToTheBlues

Hey guys,
So i bought a univibe upgrade kit when i was gathering the parts for my harbinger, and when i soldered it, i thought that the leads of the lamp were really, really thin, and my fear today happened, the leads broke when tried to move it a bit, so i wanted to ask the people who could've bought this kit, if i can get another lamp, or if this kits the lamps matched with the photocells, and if so, what would be the best option to save myself from having to buy another kit?

Best regards

madbean

The lead broke off completely or is there any left? Where is this Univibe kit, BTW?

HailToTheBlues

It broke completely, there's not any lead left that i could solder, i'm afraid. The kit i'm talking about is this one http://www.banzaimusic.com/Univibe-Upgrade-Kit.html they say the photocells are matched, but i don't know if the lamp is matched with the photocells or not, if that even makes sense at all.

madbean

Well, I don;t know how one would match a bulb to photocells, but most likely the cells themselves are matched for close light/dark resistances.

I probably have a CM7371 I can send you. It's what I use in my Univibe builds.

HailToTheBlues

That would be great Brian, because i think i can't get any bulb here locally that could do the job. If you don't mind sending me one, i'll pm you with my adress and stuff like that.

HailToTheBlues

Guys, just a quick question: are photocells considered fragile componentes like diodes, leds, transistors, ic's, and so on? Just to know if i decide to desolder them, how careful i should be.