News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Songs famously played on a Marshall amp

Started by midwayfair, December 18, 2014, 03:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

I need a few to learn that aren't just ... not me. It would help if there are no other effects involved.

teknoman2

midwayfair

Quote from: teknoman2 on December 18, 2014, 03:40:40 PM
All ACDC discography I believe.

They have a whole discography? I thought they just made the same record 11 times?  ;D

teknoman2

Quote from: midwayfair on December 18, 2014, 03:42:51 PM
Quote from: teknoman2 on December 18, 2014, 03:40:40 PM
All ACDC discography I believe.

They have a whole discography? I thought they just made the same record 11 times?  ;D

That was a nice one mate,  ;D
Also most of hendrix, trower and cream tones were played by marshall amps.

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Hogharry

Most Slash stuff is straight Marshall with the odd wah bit. Bon Jovi (the obvious tracks). Early Clapton (Bluesbreakers / Cream). Early Van Halen - You Really Got Me. Did anyone mention AC/DC?
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

Muadzin

Ritchie Blackmore played through a Marshall amp with Deep Purple and Rainbow. A 200w Marshall Major amp.

Hogharry

Quote from: Muadzin on December 18, 2014, 04:17:07 PM
Ritchie Blackmore played through a Marshall amp with Deep Purple and Rainbow. A 200w Marshall Major amp.
You'd need the preamp from an old tape recorder.

Also Dio, ZZ Top.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

dropanchor812

Anything that came out of D.C. during the 80's and 90's.  I've noticed some obvious fugazi/minor threat influences in your pedal demos.   ;) 

culturejam

Quote from: Hogharry on December 18, 2014, 04:13:27 PM
Most Slash stuff is straight Marshall with the odd wah bit.

Appetite is definitely hard-core Marshall.

Iron Maiden's base tone for Piece of Mind and Powerslave was Marshall-based (JMP, Plexi, JCM800).
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

midwayfair

What I'm gathering from this thread is I haven't listened to any music using a Marshall since I was like 16 ...

I think I can manage some early Clapton and ACDC.

Tremster

What do you need specific "Marshall" songs for?

Tremster

Quote from: dropanchor812 on December 18, 2014, 05:03:45 PM
Anything that came out of D.C. during the 80's and 90's.  I've noticed some obvious fugazi/minor threat influences in your pedal demos.   ;)
That made me chuckle.

But I'm sure it's not just rock rock that's been made on Marshall amps, e.g. Steve Cropper:

RobA

The solo Jeff Beck stuff that isn't a tribute to someone.

Robin Trower.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

midwayfair

Quote from: Tremster on December 18, 2014, 06:12:54 PM
But I'm sure it's not just rock rock that's been made on Marshall amps, e.g. Steve Cropper:

Wait, really? On any recordings? I could have sworn all his stuff was a Deluxe. If this is true, then I've probably got a dozen things I can use.