News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Thanks to the 'Bean it's NGD!

Started by G.G., December 16, 2014, 03:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.G.

Brian posted a link to the Sweetwater website on his FB page a few weeks ago where you could sign up for their Holiday give-aways. I figured it would just get a bunch of spam from them (which I do now) but maybe I would get a discount code or something I could use to buy some strings. Then last week I got an email from one of their reps saying I won a Roland G-5 VG Strat! I kind of thought it was a scam, since I pretty much never win stuff, but the guitar showed up yesterday and is really nice. It's got the Roland modeling setup installed and when that's switched off it's a regular MIM Strat. I have to say, Sweetwater's reputation for great customer service is for real. Their rep was really great on the phone, in spite of the fact that I've never purchased anything from them, the guitar set-up out of the box was really great, came with a gig bag, and they even emailed pix of the guitar along with the tracking numbers. So, a huge thanks to Sweetwater and to 'Bean for the give-away link!

bcalla

Merry Christmas!!!  It's nice to see that these giveaways are on the up-and-up.

thesameage

Nice! Do you have to pay taxes on it? I'm always hesitant about big ticket giveaways for that reason.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: thesameage on December 16, 2014, 05:18:30 PM
Nice! Do you have to pay taxes on it? I'm always hesitant about big ticket giveaways for that reason.

Im sure taxes will need to be paid however, getting a nice axe like that for like $50-70 is a steal!

I still wonder where you guys find all this "luck!" I need some of it to come my way for sure!  ;)  ::)

pickdropper

That is fantastic, Gray.  Congrats! 

What do you think of the Roland modeling setup?
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

RobA

Nice! It's cool to see someone win one of these contests. Congrats on the new guitar.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

gtr2

Nice to see someone wins these items :)
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Haberdasher

you know, i was scrolling through the list of winners the other day and i saw you on there gg.  congrats!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jubal81

That's one heckuva score! Merry Christmas, indeed.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

culturejam

Awesome! May your good fortune continue!
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

GermanCdn

Nicely done and congrats.  I had a VG Strat and I found the stock pickups to be really nice (and they measured in close to 7K across the board), actually used it more as a "true" strat than a modelling strat.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

Kinki fuzz

You should put that roland stuff in a pedal!!!
;-) ;-)

G.G.

Quote from: Kinki fuzz on December 16, 2014, 08:53:03 PM
You should put that roland stuff in a pedal!!!
;-) ;-)
I opened up the back panel to look at it. The wiring harness is insane, I tried not to touch anything and just closed it back up.  :D I got to mess around with it a little over lunch through my pocket pod. Even the regular passive pickups seem hotter than my Tele, I'll be interested to hear what it sounds like through a real amp.