News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

How guitar pedals really work

Started by midwayfair, December 15, 2014, 03:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

micromegas

'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

Cortexturizer

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

RobA

How do they fit one thousand twenty four cats in there to make a chorus?
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Scruffie

Works at Lectric-FX

GermanCdn

I see someone finally found the original Bad Cat Overdrive schematic.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Betty Wont

lars

Deja Vu!

This actually presents an interesting idea. What about a pedal with a small speaker and condenser microphone inside it to produce a sort of low-fi, AM radio effect? "Wish you were here" in a box?

Betty Wont

Quote from: lars on December 15, 2014, 04:28:28 PM
Deja Vu!

This actually presents an interesting idea. What about a pedal with a small speaker and condenser microphone inside it to produce a sort of low-fi, AM radio effect? "Wish you were here" in a box?

The danelectro bacon and eggs is perfect for that sound.

Jopn

Quote from: lars on December 15, 2014, 04:28:28 PM
Deja Vu!

There was one that was submitted last year for the DIYSB 10th anniversary competition.  Definitely worth checking out.

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

gordo

Damn you guys, I laughed so hard I coughed up a hairball...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?