News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2 in 1 ideas

Started by flanagan0718, December 15, 2014, 02:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

Hey guys,
    I wanted to get some opinions / recommendations. I recently purchased a few (5 total) boards from drolo and was looking to build a couple of 2 in 1's. I really like the idea of putting the Twin Peaks in with something else. I really just need to figure out what that something else is. I was thinking maybe a fuzz or a phaser but I've never done a 2 in 1 and don't know if those would cooperate well together. I bought a couple of 1590xx enclosures from BLMS and they look plenty big to fit the 2 boards, as long as the 2nd is a bit smaller than the TP. So I guess my question is: What would you guys pair with the Twin Peaks for a 2 in 1 build?

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

rumbletone

Reverb, and put the reverb first! I just finished the Twin Peaks pcb yesterday and immediately tried it with the spring reverb unit I built - sublime. The brownface is soon good on the Twin Peaks the other settings on the rotary switch are already jealous.

Luke51411

Quote from: rumbletone on December 15, 2014, 04:34:20 PM
Reverb, and put the reverb first!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
Maybe add a switch to change the order?

flanagan0718

Love the Reveb idea. I do have a tenebroin board and a brick too. Might be time!

TGP39

Quote from: flanagan0718 on December 15, 2014, 06:04:54 PM
Love the Reveb idea. I do have a tenebroin board and a brick too. Might be time!
If you decide to build it, I would love to see the build report. I'm very interested in doing my first 2 in 1 build as well.  Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

drolo

As both the tremolo and the phaser use a microchip with PWM, there "might" be issues sharing the same supply with another circuit, especially a gainy one. Not necessarily but it might. I recommend to thest the 2 circuits you want to put into a box first running them from the same supply, to make sure there is no unwanted noise.

flanagan0718

Quote from: drolo on December 16, 2014, 11:34:02 AM
As both the tremolo and the phaser use a microchip with PWM, there "might" be issues sharing the same supply with another circuit, especially a gainy one. Not necessarily but it might. I recommend to thest the 2 circuits you want to put into a box first running them from the same supply, to make sure there is no unwanted noise.

Hmm I didn't even think of that. I do have a couple of other tremolo boards (Shoot the Moon and an EA trem) that I could do with a verb if the TP is a little noisy with another circuit.

flanagan0718

So it looks like The Twin Peaks and the Tenebroin will not fit in the 1590xx. Or it will at least be too tight for me to attempt on my first 2 in one. Now I am thinking of doing a Shoot The Moon / Tenebroin 2 in 1. Thoughts? I'm also open to suggestions too. Thanks

GermanCdn

Go Tenebrion/Cardinal.  My gut feel is that would be a good vintage-y combo, and the Cardinal is the same size as a MPJr, and I've got an MPJr and a Tenebrion into a 1590BB.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

flanagan0718

The cardinal sounds really good. I just don't have one. I suppose I could vero one or perf it. I do have an EA Trem and a Shoot the Moon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk