News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Question on the madbean library, pots, TRS jacks, for a new design

Started by aballen, December 12, 2014, 10:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aballen

Ok guys.  I'm building something custom as a christmas gift for someone.  He has a pigtronix looper.  He loves this looper, and it has two additional inputs on the back.

• One is an input for a dual tap pedal
  • The second is an input for an expression pedal
I know he wants the additional pedals, but he has not purchased them yet.  It was one hell of an expensive looper.  I thought I would make a single pedal to do it all.  Two momentary stomps and an expression pedal(actually a huge knob on the right side of the pedal)

I don't have the pedal to experiment with, so I really need to get it right on my own.  I was able to find info on the pedals.

First the dual tap.  It looks like two simple momentary switches, one shorts the tip to the sleeve, the other shorts the ring to the sleeve.  Pretty straightforward, found that info here:
http://www.pigtronix.com/products/infinity-remote-switch/

The second is an expression pedal.  Pretty straightforward as well.  I found a circuit here:
http://www.strymon.net/2010/07/12/strymon-tech-corner-1-anatomy-of-an-expression-pedal/

But here is my problem, it may be more of an issue with Eagle, but I put together a schematic using the MB TRS jacks, and the MB pot.

If you look at the schematic at strymon, the 1K resistor goes to the wiper, the center pin... but that is labeled as pin1.  On the MB pot in Eagle that is labeled as pin2.

In the Strymon schematic, pin 2(which is on top) goes to the ring.  But on the MB pot, that is labeled pin1.

Anyway, I want to use a board mounted pot, so I need this part correct.

I have another question on the jacks also.  It looks like the JACK_PADS has R and S mislabeled.  They are switched right?  I want to use the pads on my board, but it seems like T/R/S are labeled twice, and incorrectly once.