News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Which knobs?

Started by mean_dorris, December 12, 2014, 01:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mean_dorris

Hey all,

I have this Egghead build that turned pretty sweet (except for my sub-par etch job). I fit the thing into a 1590A using 9mm pots that I managed to fit beside eachother mounted on the PCB. The question is, are there knobs small enough to fit gracefully on this little dude?

Dean

alanp

Maybe those knobs that work out to be like a 1mm skin over the pot. I don't know who sells them or what they're called -- that's closer than I'd use for even 1900H knobs.

I'd just use the good old Indian Ink directly on the potshaft for a marker for that situation, lacquer it with clear nailpolish, and leave it at that. But my builds look horrible compared to anyone else here, so don't do that :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Luke51411

I've heard of people using heat shrink tubing. Might be worth a try.

mean_dorris

Quote from: Luke51411 on December 12, 2014, 03:05:12 AM
I've heard of people using heat shrink tubing. Might be worth a try.

I thought about that, but I'm not particularly stoked on my etch job for this box, so I figured some cute knobs would counteract my aesthetic dissatisfaction. Still, it may come to it..

selfdestroyer

You could drill a small hole as an indicator or use a file to make a bevel or a dremell to make a slice for an indicator.

Cody

rumbletone

Quote from: mean_dorris on December 12, 2014, 01:29:58 AM
Hey all,

I have this Egghead build that turned pretty sweet (except for my sub-par etch job). I fit the thing into a 1590A using 9mm pots that I managed to fit beside eachother mounted on the PCB. The question is, are there knobs small enough to fit gracefully on this little dude?

Dean

How about http://www.mammothelectronics.com/4SK1000HBK-p/700-1600.htm ?

How much room is there between the shafts?