News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tayda Updates

Started by bigmufffuzzwizz, May 19, 2011, 03:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marmaliser

Ordered one from Dr Tweek, where did you get yours?  And any joy with right angle mount PCB Pots

lloyd17

Just finished an Urchin build and my Tayda 2399's are locking up on me which shouldn't really be happening with this circuit. Power it up and hey no delay signal. Cycle the power and hey there's my delay signal! Strange because the 2399's I got from Tayda sound and function just like my 'reference chip' I got from smallbear. That is until the Urchin build. Hmmmm.

LaceSensor

Quote from: marmaliser on November 09, 2011, 04:27:22 PM
Ordered one from Dr Tweek, where did you get yours?  And any joy with right angle mount PCB Pots

Hi

I have some from Tweek and some from Futurlec.

These Tayda ones dont look the same.
No circular indentation and the font is off

bigmufffuzzwizz

I ordered some from Tayda and some from Futurlec, they both look pretty similiar IIRC. I've tried a few in the doombutter and Little angel chorus, both worked fine. With FC's Little Angel On FSB there was a lot of mixed results with the circuit, some people's just worked (like mine) and some people had problems with theirs locking up and such. Some people found solutions with circuit tweaks and the chip they used for the dual op-amp seemed to make a difference..
I have a Rebote 2.5 almost done gonna see if they work in that. I'll build a Sea Urchin eventually too to test some out.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jimmybjj

Pcbs no longer available

Scruffie

Is anyone in contact with there purchasing division/ the company in general and could possibly make a suggestion to them regards stock?

If we could get them to stack Alpha Right Angle Board Mounted pots such as many of the new Bean boards are using they'd almost be a one stop shop.

Those smaller black 3PDTs from Mammoth electronics would be sweet too but i'm not sure if Tayda have any connection to 4site.
Works at Lectric-FX

nzCdog

Quote from: jimmybjj on November 17, 2011, 10:53:40 AM
and  1590bb's
http://www.taydaelectronics.com/servlet/the-2463/1590B-STYLE-ALUMINUM-DIE/Detail

NO!  I just ordered and didn't know they had 1590BBs! :(

Hey Scruffie, thye get a lot of requests on thier facebook page for new products... I've made a few suggestions!

bigmufffuzzwizz

Nice new stuff!!! I'm halfway through an order with them!
When I started this thread I was emailing the lady who stocks/orders parts for them. I got her to add the film box caps and some random transistors (bc449,bc550). I keep urging them to focus a bit more on pedal parts and they would have a decent amount of business there alone. Scruffie, if you wanna make a list I can email her again and at least they will know its in demand and hopefully work towards stocking it. I'm pretty sure she is the one who runs the FB page, which does take suggestions! I want them to add 9mm pots and DPDT switches but they are probably already on it..
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

LaceSensor

shit i just ordered damn i will be reordering now those enclosures will be nice if the b ones are anything to go by...

Scruffie

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on November 17, 2011, 05:32:28 PM
Scruffie, if you wanna make a list I can email her again and at least they will know its in demand and hopefully work towards stocking it. I'm pretty sure she is the one who runs the FB page, which does take suggestions! I want them to add 9mm pots and DPDT switches but they are probably already on it..
Hmm...
Well definitley the board mounty pots, that's a big thing. Oh with solid shafts that is, not split shafts.
Like these - http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=692

More knobs would be nice if they get those pots, but they're probably already on that.

The smaller 3PDTs as I said... although i'm not sure if they'll be able to get those.

Hard Plastic/Standard T-Style Battery Snaps.

And a minor thing would be some LT1054 charge pumps, not that important though.
Works at Lectric-FX

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

LaceSensor

yes that would be excellent.
Though for now I am more than happy with the BB and A additions, just ordered 10 today

thetrend77

External nut DC jacks would be nice :)

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

small fish

Hi,
that´s funny:
tried the US Website (www.thaishine.com) and found the 3DPTs more expensive then here:

http://taydaelectronics.com/electromechanical/switches-key-pad/stomp-switch.html

Not much difference, but the suggested price of 6,99 for two is a dollar more.

Enclosures are out of sale on the US site, but available here:

http://taydaelectronics.com/hardware/enclosures.html

Although I´ve ordered several times at Tayda and never had any probs with them. The 1590b are sometimes very sharp at the edges and needed some "work".

regards
Guitars are made of trees! Paper is made of trees!
Recycle your paper, so there are more trees left - to make guitars!