Main Menu

Tayda Updates

Started by bigmufffuzzwizz, May 19, 2011, 03:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JakeFuzz

Quote from: marmaliser on March 06, 2012, 06:23:40 PM
^
No problem
Another good one is MAX1044 http://www.taydaelectronics.com/new-arrivals/max1044-max1044cpa-switched-capacitor-voltage-converter-ic.html 

Careful with that one though. I think this is the one with the switching frequency in the audible range. It gives this really annoying high pitched whine. I think the SCPA is the one to get.

Scruffie

Quote from: JakeFuzz on March 06, 2012, 08:24:01 PM
^
No problem
Another good one is MAX1044 http://www.taydaelectronics.com/new-arrivals/max1044-max1044cpa-switched-capacitor-voltage-converter-ic.html 

Careful with that one though. I think this is the one with the switching frequency in the audible range. It gives this really annoying high pitched whine. I think the SCPA is the one to get.
I think that only applies to IC7660s, I think MAX1044 all have the Frequency Boost feature.
Works at Lectric-FX

TNblueshawk

If my memory serves me right, a big if indeed, the issue with the MAX is the 10v thing, vs. the TC1044 and you can go to 15v or is it 12v? Do I recall that right? I guess the 10v is not a problem IF you have a well regulated PS but......
John

JakeFuzz

Quote from: Scruffie on March 06, 2012, 08:27:03 PM
Quote from: JakeFuzz on March 06, 2012, 08:24:01 PM
^
No problem

I think that only applies to IC7660s, I think MAX1044 all have the Frequency Boost feature.

Ahh yes that's right. Thanks Scruff. It is the ICL's that don't have the double frequency pin. Excellent deal then!

Scruffie

Quote from: TNblueshawk on March 06, 2012, 08:34:26 PM
If my memory serves me right, a big if indeed, the issue with the MAX is the 10v thing, vs. the TC1044 and you can go to 15v or is it 12v? Do I recall that right? I guess the 10v is not a problem IF you have a well regulated PS but......
That sounds about right, although even though they say 10V Frequency Central was using them in his Murder One amps at 12V and they didn't die so... might get away with it.

Be nice if they had the LT1054 too though.
Works at Lectric-FX

TNblueshawk

That is sort of what got me to thinking about making some suggestions to Tayda. I grabbbed some LT1054's today from Mouser.
John

marmaliser

irmcdermott

DuctTapeRiot

Am I missing something here?  How is it that Tayda is SOOOOO much cheaper than other places??

TNblueshawk

Quote from: DuctTapeRiot on March 14, 2012, 11:10:27 PM
Am I missing something here?  How is it that Tayda is SOOOOO much cheaper than other places??

I've wondered that myself.
John

culturejam

Quote from: DuctTapeRiot on March 14, 2012, 11:10:27 PM

I think it has to do with them being based in the general area where the products are made. Or at least a lot closer than we are. So there is one less step in the supply chain. That and labor and other operating costs are low as compared to the West.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

marmaliser

12% Discount code from Tayda's facebook page  =  128969  .  no min spend and no need for dhl shppng

night-B

Almost all small components we use cost between 0.01 and 0.03$ in industrial quantities so other companies are making huge profits. If you trade with the manufacturer you can even get some 1590bb for 2.80$ but you need to order hundreds of them...

midwayfair

When you order something stocked stateside, it's being packed by hands that cost a lot more. That's the biggest part of the cost. That and warehousing. Property costs a lot in parts of Asia, but the labor is still the expensive part. People like Smallbear also source NOS parts and do massively useful things like match and test transistors for you.

I find that Tayda is really only good for basics, though. You still can't get NOS parts from them or tested transistors, matched FETs, or anything else that you want to go to a trusted source for. And they don't carry everything. Their selection of pots is limited to 16mm. Not good for those of us who like to build small.

9Lives

I order as much as I can from them. You just can't beat those prices. One thing I noticed about their enclosures, is that they are air tight. You have to actually try to get the back on. For my optical stuf :).