News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Wonky drilling or too picky?

Started by mcallisterra, December 08, 2014, 01:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rumbletone

I would expect better than that and would expect them to replace it in the circumstances. I don't expect them to be within a fraction of a millimeter, but if it's visibly off to the naked eye on a simple drilling job like that it's not good enough IMO.

Disappointing, because I was planning to order a batch of enclosures from them, and haven't had good luck with Mammoth's paint jobs (the $5 blem 1590BBs from small bear had more consistent and resistant paint than the Mammoths I've ordered at full price! Wish small bear offered more sizes and colors...they've been great on my orders so far).

mcallisterra

Well for the sake of completeness, here's how it ended up:

After I got the email saying 'we could send you another, but it will be just like the one you have', I replied saying I was done with all the back and forth arguing and that I was no longer interested in a replacement from them. The next email I got was a tracking email for a package from them. Connie then emailed me saying a new one was on its way and that I should just keep the old one.

The new one is much better. The foot switch hole is ever so slightly offset to the right in this one, but to be honest, if I wasn't intentionally checking after the last one, I probably wouldn't ever have noticed. It's good to know that they don't in fact have a massive stack of pre-drilled enclosures that look just like that first one!

So all in all I ended up with a serviceable one, and PPP did the right thing, but it felt like a chore to get there.

Thanks for all the insight and advice everyone :)

Leevibe

That's good news. Looking forward to a build report featuring this case!

Hogharry

Did you send them the photo? It's obviously not good enough. I can't see how checking examples from stock is relevant, it proves nothing. This is not a good advert for them.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

culturejam

Quote from: Hogharry on December 21, 2014, 03:25:33 AM
Did you send them the photo?

He did, according to previous posts.

If they think the first enclosure and second enclosure look exactly the same, somebody at PPP needs glasses.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Leevibe

Quote from: culturejam on December 21, 2014, 03:36:05 PM
Quote from: Hogharry on December 21, 2014, 03:25:33 AM
Did you send them the photo?

He did, according to previous posts.

If they think the first enclosure and second enclosure look exactly the same, somebody at PPP needs glasses.

No comparison

mcallisterra

Perhaps the photos don't show it properly, but the second one is much better. The stomp hole is offset slightly to the right on the second one, but the other two holes are in the middle.

I haven't been building pedals for long, maybe only built 5 or 6, but I don't recall ever seeing drilled enclosures being out of whack like that first one. I was second guessing myself on the second one, because obviously it's not perfect, but then I'm thinking it's probably close enough that had I not had the problems with the first one, I wouldn't have been checking/noticing it on the second one.