Started by pickdropper, December 03, 2014, 04:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

peAk

so far, my used ones have been great.

I hope the don't fail like this   :o

chromesphere

Seller said they are probably faulty. I wouldn't take my experience with these side cutters as normal.  See what happens with the next pair!  That's right, I will get another.  Up to the point that they failed they were excellent cutters.

pickdropper

Very cool that the seller is standing behind them.  I hope you have better luck with the next pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

chromesphere

Thanks Dave and thanks for your help mate!  I'm not discouraged by Erem because of this incident at all.  I'm using my old sidecutters at the moment and its so difficult to go back to them...their just rubbish... :(

chromesphere

UPDATE: Just to update on the problem I had.  Sent them back to the seller and he sent through a refund.  I asked him if he knew what happened or had seen this sort of problem before and he said he had been selling the 2422e for 2 years now and had never seen it happen before.  Sounded like he didn't even know WHAT had actually happened.  Anyway, I got a refund. 

I will be getting another set, just trying to decide where from.  I have gone back to using my old sidecutters (aka toenail clippers) since these broke...yeah...its just not same is it...

rullywowr

Quote from: chromesphere on April 17, 2015, 05:23:37 AM
UPDATE: Just to update on the problem I had.  Sent them back to the seller and he sent through a refund.  I asked him if he knew what happened or had seen this sort of problem before and he said he had been selling the 2422e for 2 years now and had never seen it happen before.  Sounded like he didn't even know WHAT had actually happened.  Anyway, I got a refund. 

I will be getting another set, just trying to decide where from.  I have gone back to using my old sidecutters (aka toenail clippers) since these broke...yeah...its just not same is it...

Sorry to hear of your issues, but I am glad the seller is making good on it.  2422e are hands down my favorite cutters ever.  So smooooth and comfortable. 

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

chromesphere

Ditto Ben!  Oh!  Ill be getting another pair, just depends on WHERE :)

chromesphere

Lucky we lost that last 6 months worth of posts so you guys couldn't quote me on that comment "I have every handtool I will need for the rest of my life". 

Come on though...we knew it was going to happen.

pickdropper

Quote from: chromesphere on February 03, 2016, 02:18:26 AM
Lucky we lost that last 6 months worth of posts so you guys couldn't quote me on that comment "I have every handtool I will need for the rest of my life". 

Come on though...we knew it was going to happen.

Does that pull regular width ICs or is it for the significantly wider, higher pin count ICs.

I had a set similar to that a while back, but it was for the wider ICs and I don't often come across those so I sent it back.
Function f(x)

chromesphere

Yep same as mine. Didnt realise till i got them home. Might have to rig up something to decrease the jaw size currently filled with hotglue and carved it to work at about half width with the adjustment screw at minimum. I got these on amazon for 15$ (!!!) so no big deal ill be able to make them work somehow.

pickdropper

Well, after a fairly long remission, it was time for a new set of Erem cutters.

I think these might be my new favorites:

They are tungsten carbide cutters.  These are commonly used in the medical industry because they can cut harder wires (like the stainless steel used in stents).  I've never really considered them because they hover around the $200 a pair mark, which I can't justify.  Recently, I ran into an eBay seller who had a lot of 5 clean used pairs for cheap, so FFX bought us all new pliers.

So far, I'm really digging them.  I've had a different pair of Erem tungsten carbide cutters, but they didn't cut as smoothly as my other Erems that were designed for.  These cut very smoothly but I don't have to be as careful with them.
Function f(x)

Adam_DIY

Ive got a new pair of side cutters coming today from Amazon.  I've been using a pair of really old ones I stole from my dad about 10 years ago which I previously used when changing strings.  Decided I wanted something a bit better so ordered a set of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00ONEVUF8/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1467552891&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=engineer+side+cutters&dpPl=1&dpID=41XxxcgYLKL&ref=plSrch

I bought a solder sucker from the same brand a few months ago and really liked it so thought I'd give them a go.  I'd love a set of those erem jobbies but can't justify that kind of cash... yet.

nzCdog

I'm heading to Switzerland in August for work (26 hrs travel from home!). I'm hoping to get some cutters and pliers while I'm there... :)