Main Menu

B9, C9 what next, D9?

Started by Scruffie, December 02, 2014, 06:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Droogie

Depends if they're going chromatic or diatonic.  :D
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

RobA

I'm guessing something with an M in front.

(This one is so tempting!)
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

pickdropper

I am still expecting the evil twin of the B9 to be named "malignant."   ;D
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

m-Kresol

wait, didn't the B9 just come out 1-2 month back?
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

lars

In about 2 months we'll have a version that combines both into one pedal called the "cloud9" (with hazarai).

alanp

And Lars, this is why we don't bother buying them new :)

Wait till the sucke--er, early birds offload them in search of the latest, greatest replacement, and get 'em cheap!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

RobA

We should DIY up some "hazarai" (except I still haven't figured out what it's supposed to be.

Personally, I'm going to wait for the Plan 9 version. I've been waiting for the Plan 9 operating system for decades now, so waiting for the Plan 9 organ pedal should keep me from spending money for a good long time.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

pickdropper

Plan 9 is an AWESOME name for a pedal. 

Would the background of the enclosure graphics  change from dark to light while you looked at it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Function f(x)

cooder

May I also suggest the pedal names "Plan B" or "District 9" (in case you haven't seen the movie, it's awesome I think...).
Would be an honour if function fx gets some milage out of those, so in case you like it feel free...
BigNoise Amplification

pickdropper

Quote from: cooder on December 03, 2014, 06:22:46 PM
May I also suggest the pedal names "Plan B" or "District 9" (in case you haven't seen the movie, it's awesome I think...).
Would be an honour if function fx gets some milage out of those, so in case you like it feel free...

I think we'd get sued for District 9.  Not sure about Plan B or Plan 9.  Plan 9 is a shortened version of the name so it could pass.  I do like the name, though.
Function f(x)

madbean

I like my B9. The C9 look great, too. But, Two organ pedals would be way overkill for me.

I'm finding it pretty funny that some TGP'ers are getting bent out of shape about the C9 coming out after they bought the other one. More power to EHX, I say....keep cranking this stuff out.

pickdropper

Quote from: madbean on December 03, 2014, 07:10:14 PM
I like my B9. The C9 look great, too. But, Two organ pedals would be way overkill for me.

I'm finding it pretty funny that some TGP'ers are getting bent out of shape about the C9 coming out after they bought the other one. More power to EHX, I say....keep cranking this stuff out.

Yeah, I got a B9 in a trade, but I only use it on odd occasions.  I can't see getting a C9.

Still deciding between adding a Pitch Fork or Drop pedal......
Function f(x)

RobA

Quote from: pickdropper on December 03, 2014, 03:34:02 PM
Would the background of the enclosure graphics  change from dark to light while you looked at it?
Not with my pedal painting skills.
Quote from: madbean on December 03, 2014, 07:10:14 PM

Part of the fun with digital, once they get the hardware done and the basics of the software, you've gotta expect that they are going to put out new designs based on it. You spent your money on the thing you bought. The new version doesn't change the thing you bought.
Quote from: pickdropper on December 03, 2014, 06:29:05 PM
[...]
I think we'd get sued for District 9.  Not sure about Plan B or Plan 9.  Plan 9 is a shortened version of the name so it could pass.  I do like the name, though.
Plan 9 has been used enough in other places and the film's old enough that I think you'd be OK using it. The question is, what sort of pedal? It'd have to be something appropriate to at least the genre, maybe an auto theremin. I need to go watch the film again for inspiration.

alanp

HOG's never seem to drop in value much, only flaw in the plan to wait till they get flipped.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website