News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Diy bbd delay

Started by Matt, December 01, 2014, 01:56:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

What diy bbd delay pcbs are currently available? I am only aware of the Madbean Aquaboy.
Matt

lars

You can also check out/ do a search for the "Dirtbag" and the "Chronolog" http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=6947.0.

Matt

Quote from: lars on December 01, 2014, 02:56:52 AM
You can also check out/ do a search for the "Dirtbag" and the "Chronolog" http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=6947.0.
Thanks for the quick reply but I am looking for delay projects that are available for purchase currently. Can also be non-Madbean
Matt

Muadzin

Other then the Madbean boards and BYOC analog delay kit I don't think there are any BBD boards out there on offer. Aside from the chips being a pain in the ass to source it seems to be far easier to design an analog voiced PT2399 delay then an actual BBD analog delay. Even a very complicated PT2399 delay like the multiplex echo is still a simpler project then the most basic BBD analog delay. And if you're really jonesing for a non-complicated BBD analog delay, why not get a 2nd hand EHX memory toy/boy? I don't think I can source the parts for a BBD build for what my 2nd hand memory boy cost me.

Matt

Quote from: Muadzin on December 01, 2014, 09:56:59 AM
Other then the Madbean boards and BYOC analog delay kit I don't think there are any BBD boards out there on offer. Aside from the chips being a pain in the ass to source it seems to be far easier to design an analog voiced PT2399 delay then an actual BBD analog delay. Even a very complicated PT2399 delay like the multiplex echo is still a simpler project then the most basic BBD analog delay. And if you're really jonesing for a non-complicated BBD analog delay, why not get a 2nd hand EHX memory toy/boy? I don't think I can source the parts for a BBD build for what my 2nd hand memory boy cost me.
I agree but this is for a customer. Thanks for the info!
Matt

pickdropper

Quote from: Matt on December 01, 2014, 12:03:30 PM

I hope the customer is going to pay well as BBD based delays have a high parts cost and are quite time consuming.  I've always turned down requests for them for that reason.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Matt

Quote from: pickdropper on December 01, 2014, 01:26:32 PM
Quote from: Matt on December 01, 2014, 12:03:30 PM

I hope the customer is going to pay well as BBD based delays have a high parts cost and are quite time consuming.  I've always turned down requests for them for that reason.
Yeah, It's probably not worth it. I'll just offer to build him a pt2399 based delay and see if he's interested in one of those options. I appreciate everyone input and time with this.
Matt

flanagan0718

The echo base is a really nice PT delay. There are a TON of PT delay options out there. Thew Zeropoint stuff is really nice too.

Matt

Quote from: flanagan0718 on December 01, 2014, 03:25:23 PM
The echo base is a really nice PT delay. There are a TON of PT delay options out there. Thew Zeropoint stuff is really nice too.
I still haven't built the echo base. But if he's intrested, I have a zpsdx, zp mini and a multiplex that he can try
Matt