News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

meatsphere troubles..

Started by luks999, November 30, 2014, 11:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luks999

yes, i use the PCB from musicpcb.com

not a stupid question, since I wanted to do it wrong before soldering :)
but they are on the side without the part numbers

Ill post some pictures when im at home, maybe that clears something up :)

luks999

here are some pics of my build...
let me know if you need better pics

maybe it helps, i guess not, but i hope...

Govmnt_Lacky

What kind of rotaries are those? I know the PCB is supposed to work on the Alpha/Lorlin style 3P4T but.... some other companies rotate and make contact differently.

luks999

i doubt the switch is the problem, it does what it should according to the schematic.
It connects the diodes correctly to either 9V or ground

Govmnt_Lacky

Looking carefully at your pics.

The first resistor directly below the Blend pot. It looks like that could be a 10ohm resistor. Can you verify that it is a 100Kohm as it should be?

Also, can you explain how the shunted jack is wired? Something does not look right with it. When the plug is removed (I am assuming that is the Pedal1 jack) the Tip should be grounded. It looks like you wired it so that it does not change when the plug is removed.

EDIT: OK... Looks like it is the Send/Return loop. Be sure that it is wired according to the build doc.

EDIT2: Can you post a bit better pic of your stomp switch and its wiring?

luks999

send - return works, when theres nothing plugged in to the return, there is a direct connection from send to return

hmm  good point ill check the resistor, but it should be 100k (the lights just very bad, and the orange looks brown)

ill post a pic of the switch later

thanks dude for your analysis ;)

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: luks999 on December 10, 2014, 11:27:57 AM
hmm  good point ill check the resistor, but it should be 100k (the lights just very bad, and the orange looks brown)

In the pictures, it looks like the resistor is marked Brown, Black, Black, Gold, Brown. This indicates a 10 ohm/1% resistor. It could be the lighting though.

Another alternative is to make a post on DIYStompboxes. Taylor (he runs MusicPCB) is a frequent visitor on there and has a LOT more knowledge on this.

luks999

yesterday i soldered in a new one to be sure, but that was not the problem...

The wiring of the 3PDT is working too, i measured it too

Thanks Govmt_Lacky for your help! :)  i will do that

twin

Hi!
I've build the meatsphere a few weeks ago, boxed it and spend some time experimenting on it (damn good sounds in there).
But there's not enough sensitivity when playing single not with my strat.
Reducing the value of the 4K7 resistor (after "sens" pot) may alter balance frequency response (am I right?).
So I'd like to increase sensitivity using feedback loop of the op-amp.
Anyone can help me on this?

Thank you (hope you'll understand my frenchie english)