News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

1776 Multiplex Echo Machine

Started by dannoceti, November 29, 2014, 05:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannoceti

Built the Multiplex and really like it! This was my first time using solid core wires, but wasn't able to make it really clean. My only regret is the the 2 LEDs aren't centered well, but I realized that after drilling, oops.  There is a pop between the binson echorec mode and the Re-201 mode, but I watched a bunch of demos on you tube and they all seem to do that.

I really like the Binson mode and how you get a really lofi type analog delay. Pretty happy with my first delay build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stecykmi

looks good, the multiplex is amazing

Hogharry

Looks pretty clean to me! How do you like using the solid core?
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

Luke51411

Yeah the pop is inherent in the design I believe. It's not something you would be likely to change on the fly. Just make sure to bypass before changing modes on stage! Very nice build by the way. Very ambitious for a first delay, I love it! The multiplex is a Great effect!

dannoceti

Quote from: Hogharry on November 30, 2014, 10:24:10 AM
Solid core was great, I think with better planning I could make the wires very neat, which would be cool. I'm wondering what the downside is to solid core? Maybe it's easier to break than stranded?

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Hogharry

Quote from: dannoceti on November 30, 2014, 09:11:22 PM

Quote from: Hogharry on November 30, 2014, 10:24:10 AM
Solid core was great, I think with better planning I could make the wires very neat, which would be cool. I'm wondering what the downside is to solid core? Maybe it's easier to break than stranded?

I think solid core can actually make a more solid build sometimes. Maybe people find stranded easier to work with? I have load of solid, so maybe I'll try it on my next build.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

dodgechargerfan

Nice!
I really need to get mine boxed up.

I think I will look into trying solid core wire. I've had a couple of recent failures and they've both been due to the wire I used.

cooder

Looking great and I also think the multiplex is amazing! 8)
Thte thing with solid core wire is to not bend it too much and often otherwise it breaks, so you gotta keep that in mind when working with it.
I still prefer the AWG 24 pre tinned from Smallbear. Routes well, is a bit more forgiving to bending several times back and forth.
BigNoise Amplification