News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mojo Drive (Clark Gainster Clone with Mojo Parts)

Started by luks999, November 29, 2014, 01:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luks999

Finally got it made. the painting nearly cost me all my nerve :/
but its done now :)
i used some mallory and pio caps and all carbon comp.  (heavy mojo factor)
the pios came straight from russia ;)
also, its rockin jesus on the up :) hehe

it seems strange, but this is definitely one of the best sounding overdrives ive every built :)
its very transparent, loud and sounds awesome :)

m-Kresol

Looks very nice, spaghetti monster on the inside, but that's how vero builds have to look :)
Just a small thing: have you tried using waterslide decals? the first few times are a challenge, but you wont see the edges of the stickers...

my first build was a one-sided Klon, which had off-board pots, so there was spaghetti action going on as well. Still the best sounding OD i built. Only realized that after I gave it away since I replaced it with my kingslayer
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

luks999

Quote from: m-Kresol on November 29, 2014, 01:35:26 PM
Looks very nice, spaghetti monster on the inside, but that's how vero builds have to look :)
Just a small thing: have you tried using waterslide decals? the first few times are a challenge, but you wont see the edges of the stickers...

my first build was a one-sided Klon, which had off-board pots, so there was spaghetti action going on as well. Still the best sounding OD i built. Only realized that after I gave it away since I replaced it with my kingslayer

thanks! yes im tryin that the cables dont get too messed up inside and use cable ties. but in this case i used hard wires, and with that it was not possible
the great thing about wiring the pots with hard wires directly to the vero is that the board is held up automatically :)

this is my first attempt on waterslide :) (so these are actually waterslide decals)
you see the edges only when its held against the light (like it did for the photo)
i dont know why, (ive heard before you dont see edges). maybe its because i used inkjet decals, or because i painted the enclosure

but since im in this forum im tryin harder that my enclosures look better :) its really a great inpsirational place :)

m-Kresol

If you just cut the decal to the size of the whole enclosure top, you'll only have the edges on the edge of the enclosure so you won't see them as much.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

luks999

Quote from: m-Kresol on November 29, 2014, 02:28:12 PM
If you just cut the decal to the size of the whole enclosure top, you'll only have the edges on the edge of the enclosure so you won't see them as much.

ah i see, thats what i did with the transparent foil and i didnt like it, but may look good with the waterslide :) ill try it out next time ;)
for this one i just followed the instruction from musikding.de

Hogharry

There's a lot of mojo going on in there! How does it sound?

This is very good advice:
Quote from: m-Kresol on November 29, 2014, 02:28:12 PM
It makes it easier to line everything up as well. I always print a test copy on paper and check the positioning of everything first, then print on the decal. It saves wasting a lot of decal paper!
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

stevie1556

I absolutely love mine (built the MB Egghead) and absolutely love it! Well done on getting the mojo parts on the board, I love it!

As others have said, waterslide decals can look great if you get them right, but the outside of the pedal still looks cool :)

luks999

ill try next time to use the whole surface for the waterslide. i also did some test prints on paper ;) (to see if my printer works)

the pedal sounds great. its loud, has lot of gain too and its transparent. its a little bit like a tubescreamer, but even more transparent to my ears.
but i dont know how much difference the mojo parts make, i just wanna try it out (because of the hoochee mama :) )

Luke51411

Mojo is fun isn't it? I have yet to do a mojo build but I have some tropical fish laying around and a few other parts I might put together soon. Great build!

luks999

yeah kinda. it was fun ordering from russia because i didnt find them anywhere. and it also was my first good vero build. didnt use a layout just built it up by myself
i think the tropical fish would work also with the gainster :-) good luck :-)