News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

building a wah pedal?

Started by aran.e666, November 26, 2014, 10:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snz728

AFAIK the blue dots are where two links meet and are soldered to the same strip.  you only have to hook up two wires to the pot because it is acting like a variable resistor.  And wire the input, output, ground to the switch like madbean's general wiring diagram and 9v goes to the power plug or battery.

Stomptown

Quote from: snz728 on November 30, 2014, 04:57:58 PM
AFAIK the blue dots are where two links meet and are soldered to the same strip.  you only have to hook up two wires to the pot because it is acting like a variable resistor.  And wire the input, output, ground to the switch like madbean's general wiring diagram and 9v goes to the power plug or battery.

I'm glad someone verified that those were links! Lug 3 of the pot does need to be connected to the output according to  IvIark.mThis is a buffered wah so the mad bean diagram in not applicable unless he wants a true bypass pedal with a buffer.  Most propel remove the buffer if they go that route...

aran.e666

So I dont need the 3rd pin on the pot wired to the output on the switch? Thanks
Aran
Guitar is love, guitar is life.

aran.e666

Also im using a 6 pin spdt switch with the basic two top pins linked, middle lugs to output and last lugs to the mobo in/out. Thanks

Aran

aran.e666

I have finally finished the enclosure and also have ordered last parts. Thanks

Aran

snz728

Sorry, my bad about the 3rd lug of pot, etc. Havent built a wah in a while but I do recommend trying out different transistors with different hfes

aran.e666

Currently ive ordered the ones the layout shows but I will tty some time when I managed to put the whole build in a 1590b (lol) im building support bolts so it dosent lift up when I rock my foot forward and also im trying to get more 'action' on the pot by raising it (im using a lego gear and track). Any recommendations for transistors?  Thanks

Aran

aran.e666

Going off now so drop a reply and il check later :) cheers

Aran

aran.e666

Guys I really need help, ive fully assembled the wah and checked everything 20 times over. When I have the bypass on I hear the sound of the amp which is of course what bypassing is but as I switch to the wah effect, I hear no sound at all e.g when I have my killswitch on and it makes a tiny fuzz sound because of the amp. Any ideas? Ive even probed the switch and it works how it should :( . Thanks

Aran

Stomptown

Did you wire lug 3 to output jack AND the wire connected to board output? Are you wiring switch for true bypass? Pics?

aran.e666

Yeah im wiring a dpdt switch so I wire the circuit output wo lug 3 on the pot and chain that to the switch? Thanks

Aran

Stomptown

Quote from: aran.e666 on December 04, 2014, 09:56:52 PM
Yeah im wiring a dpdt switch so I wire the circuit output wo lug 3 on the pot and chain that to the switch? Thanks

Aran

Can you post a picture or a link to the wiring diagram you are using? I'm not sure I understand how you wired it up.

aran.e666

Ok so I found out that the reason it wasn't working was because I used multi core wire as a link so I used solid core and well it works but it isn't a wah pedal, its a volume pedal? Any idea? If uou need I can post pics of the board and il post the voltages of the trannies. ThAnks

Aran

Stomptown

Quote from: aran.e666 on December 06, 2014, 10:11:39 AM
Ok so I found out that the reason it wasn't working was because I used multi core wire as a link so I used solid core and well it works but it isn't a wah pedal, its a volume pedal? Any idea? If uou need I can post pics of the board and il post the voltages of the trannies. ThAnks

Aran

I would post pics. It shouldn't my matter if you use solid or multi core

aran.e666

Ok so now I dont touch it for a day and now it dosent work again! It works as a volume pedal then later nothing!