News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Afterlife + Bloviator

Started by aeroemi, November 25, 2014, 02:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeroemi

What do you guys think about this two effects in one? I like the smothness of the first and the clarity/definition of the second...  ::)

Hangingmonkey

I have both, ill stack them and tell you what i think. Wont be able to before the weekend tho

aeroemi

jimilee

So are you going to put a compressor at the end of your chain or a sound enhancer at the beginning? It seems like an odd combination considering typically, please bear in mind and it's just an opinion, but typically a compressor is in the front of the chain and a sonic enhancer is at the end. I'm interested in learning your thinking, maybe I'm missing out on something cool! :-D
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

aeroemi

Sure!  ;) I was thinking of a compressor followed by the sonic enhancer, with an optional switch to eventually bypass this feature... Obviously the compressor needs to be placed at the beginning of the chain, but I'm not so sure about the placing of the enhancer: I know that many people use the sonic stomp by BBE in front of their drive section (just after their Dynacomp) and (as they say) the sound is pretty good...

Now, I'd like to make a sound-sculpturing effect, and I thought that the combination of these two could be good... or maybe not...  8)

jubal81

I've played around with this and found that the Bloviator definitely works best as the last thing in the chain. An optical compressor there isn't necessarily a bad idea, though.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

aeroemi

Quote from: jubal81 on November 25, 2014, 04:31:14 PM
I've played around with this and found that the Bloviator definitely works best as the last thing in the chain. An optical compressor there isn't necessarily a bad idea, though.

You mean an optical compressor at the end of the chain?

jubal81

Quote from: aeroemi on November 25, 2014, 04:42:01 PM
Quote from: jubal81 on November 25, 2014, 04:31:14 PM

You mean an optical compressor at the end of the chain?

Optical, yeah. They're quiet & transparent, so if you put it near the end you can use it to gently smooth everything out.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair