News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

3PDT Wiring Board for 2 in 1 Pedal?

Started by Roctopus, May 16, 2011, 03:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roctopus

Hey guys,

I am attempting another 2 in 1 pedal and I had some questions about my wiring. Instead of the "madbean" or "goatleg" approach I went ahead and purchased two (small) 3PDT Wiring Boards from Mammoth Electronics http://www.mammothelectronics.com/Wiring-Board-for-4SFS3PDT-I-Industrial-Switches-p/1100-402.htm

The board is labled ruffly as such...
1. Input of PCB
2. Input Jack (Tip?)
3. Ground of PCB
4. Output of PCB
5. Switch or LED of PCB
6. Output Jack (Tip?)
7. Ground (3 and 7 connected)

Here is a drawing of how I wired my two PCB's and Footswitches. Would someone please let me know if this will work?

Blessings,
Roctopus

[attachment deleted by admin]

k.rock!

It looks good to me :) I haven't attempted a double pedal like that but the wiring makes sense to me at least hehe

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

jkokura

Actually, no the wiring isn't going to work right you've got the effects wiring done in parallel, so it will never quite work right. I am assuming you want the usual series effects, right?

All you need to do is treat the next switch the same as the first, just with no jacks in between. Connect the output to jack of the first switch to the input from jack of the second switch. Easy peasy, everything else connects as normal.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Roctopus

Quote from: jkokura on May 16, 2011, 03:55:20 PM
Actually, no the wiring isn't going to work right you've got the effects wiring done in parallel, so it will never quite work right. I am assuming you want the usual series effects, right?

All you need to do is treat the next switch the same as the first, just with no jacks in between. Connect the output to jack of the first switch to the input from jack of the second switch. Easy peasy, everything else connects as normal.

Jacob

Thanks again Jacob! Yes, I think I do want to run them in series. The 9v power should be run in "parallel" though correct? I think with my last 2in1 I ran them in "series" and was told it was wrong. Just want to make sure :)

FYI - I'm making a FatPants (EchoPlex w/mod) and a Quasar (RC booster) 2in1

I made the changes you recommended Jacob and it got rid of the oscillation from the second (RC) effect but it's still not sounding right. Kind of weak and anaemic sounding tone. I was thinking perhaps that I wired the pots wrong but I double checked and they look good to me. Any ideas or suggestions? I think the first one (EP) is working but I haven't adjusted the Trimpot yet to see. Right now it sounds like it could have more juice.

Roctopus

jkokura

Yes, the power needs to be parallel.

As for your issues, I would suggest sharing some more details and perhaps a picture or two. Always double and triple check your part values and orientations, take voltage measurements, etc.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals