News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tears of a Klone (Apis)

Started by midwayfair, November 19, 2014, 04:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

Haven't posted anything in a while, so here's a mini I just made for a customer, probably the last micro klone I'll do, especially since the Apis is sold out:

OA128 diodes, to match his Mythic Overdrive. I offered OA126 but he still wanted the 128! Wuddaguy!  :D Nothing else particularly special about it. The customer came up with the name. So it's Pagliacci after he kills his lady love at the end. I used Pavarotti for the model because frankly I thought his performance was better than the others I found. Conceivably, Caruso was better (he was one of the first to perform the role), but the recordings doen't reflect it.

pickdropper

That's hilarious.  Forrest and I were talking yesterday about how funny it would be for a Klone to be called the Pagliacci.

Pavarotti was an interesting dude.  My mom snag in a number of performances where he was the soloist.  To say he was eccentric would be a bit of an understatement,.

Nice build, Jon.  I really dig the artwork.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

selfdestroyer

That is weird, I was just thinking last night that I have not seen a build from you in awhile. I was playing with your Nature Dweller last night and miss seeing your hand painted goodies. Looking good as always Jon.

Cody

wgc

awesome!

Doesn't Dave have a 1590a klone pcb?
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

midwayfair

Quote from: pickdropper on November 19, 2014, 04:59:10 PM
Pavarotti was an interesting dude.  My mom snag in a number of performances where he was the soloist.  To say he was eccentric would be a bit of an understatement,.

Yeah, some of his performances were unusual to say the least.

cooder

Perfect! Great shoehorning, very nice handpainting and all the unicorn are singing unison in the background, swinging thier hips... or so... tears are rolling down the floor... ;)
BigNoise Amplification

pickdropper

Quote from: midwayfair on November 19, 2014, 06:11:51 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on November 19, 2014, 04:59:10 PM

Yeah, some of his performances were unusual to say the least.

If he performed at all.  He was actually banned by the Lyric Opera in Chicago.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

GermanCdn

Nicely done Jon.

So, if you stuck three Api (Apisses doesn't sound right) into a single 125B enclosure, would it be a Klone Kar  8).
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: GermanCdn on November 19, 2014, 10:08:47 PM
Nicely done Jon.

So, if you stuck three Api (Apisses doesn't sound right) into a single 125B enclosure, would it be a Klone Kar  8).

I see what you did there...

Cody