News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

aion Halo Triangle ... Quadrangle?

Started by Jakes Dad, November 15, 2014, 06:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakes Dad

Finished this up this morning - an aion Halo (BMP) built almost to Triangle specs except that I couldn't help but add a mid control since the spots are already there for the board mounted pots - maybe should call this one a Quadrangle, or maybe not.  Back in September this one ended up in the Land of Misfit Pedals - checked (almost) every component and redid the wiring twice.  Finally got around to checking the jacks and found both of them were FUBAR.  In the process of redoing everything I managed to over heat the switch.  While waiting on new switches Kevin announced his new boards including his new 3PDT wiring boards.  Got all hot and bothered about the Solaris board and ordered a matching red 3PDT board.  In a 'Doh!' moment I remembered the Halo board is red.  Used a red switch from BLMS, a aion red 3PDT board and red wire to rewire the Halo.  May have to order a red box to rebox this one and call it the Red Muff.  The box is a Translucent Gold 1290NS from Pedal Parts Plus, knobs are from Small Bear and I did my usual beveled led hole.  The jacks are Tayda but tested before they were installed.

Here's the face:

Profile/side elevation:

And the guts:

Chuck

cooder

Neat! Great build,I'm sure it sounds fab too! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

Hogharry

The end result was worth the hassle! Really neat inside and I like the beveled LED idea.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...