News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Meet Bob

Started by Jakes Dad, November 09, 2014, 10:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakes Dad

This is one of Pickdropper's 4-knob Ross Compressor boards with some jangle mods I found, I think, in the Mods section here - can't find them again for some reason. Used a GuitarPCB buffered 3PDT board, a Cookies and Cream 125B from Pedal Parts Plus and some really nice knobs from Small Bear.  The jangle mods work really well with both my Danelectro U2 and Broadcaster-ish Tele.

Heres the face:

And the guts:

Chuck

Leevibe

Great job Chuck. I really like the cookies and cream finish and I'm a fan of top mounted jacks.

alanp

Bob? Why Bob? (I'm guessing it's some North American reference I've never heard of :) )

Pretty nice build! Interesting board placement in the upper-middle.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

selfdestroyer

nice looking build.

Bob?

Jakes Dad

Quote from: alanp on November 09, 2014, 11:40:18 PM
Bob? Why Bob? (I'm guessing it's some North American reference I've never heard of :) )

Pretty nice build! Interesting board placement in the upper-middle.

There was a guy named Bob Ross that did a painting show on the Public Broadcast Network here in the US for years.  He did a lot of "happy little trees" and "fluffy clouds", with a real mellow, peaceful presentation guaranteed to lower your blood pressure.  Eventually I'll get my wife (she's the one with the talent) to add a "happy little tree" in the upper right by Bob.

Chuck

Chuck

cooder

Looking cool.... and why NOT Bob...?!? After all, we've got a saying here 'Bob's your Uncle...' meaning everything worksout and is just fine.... ;)
BigNoise Amplification

alanp

"Sweet as" is far more common... WAY more used. "Sweet as, bro" is even more used.

Come to think of it, this build is sweet as! :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

cooder

Quote from: alanp on November 10, 2014, 01:45:20 AM
"Sweet as" is far more common... WAY more used. "Sweet as, bro" is even more used.

Come to think of it, this build is sweet as! :)
I know it's pretty old fashioned and even made it because of that into the 'World's fastest Indian' movie. So at least Anthony Hopkins used the phrase...
"Sweet as..." wouldn't have fitted there. For this build though it certainly works too.
It boils down to "Sweet as, Uncle Bob!"
BigNoise Amplification