News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Slow Loris "Rat Rod"

Started by AntKnee, November 02, 2014, 02:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntKnee

A little cheesy, I know, but I had to do it. Rats! ...in a car! How could I not?

I have only played around with this a little, but I really like it. I like it much more than I remember liking a rat back when I actually had an original one.

I'm experimenting lately with overdrive and distortion pedals in series, so that each following pedal adds a new level of gain and/or distortion. This pedal works really well (for me) at the end of the chain. I'm now really liking an SHO clone, into a Kingslayer, into the Slow Loris. It doesn't take much gain on this pedal to really push into buzzsaw territory. Lots of fun!

I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

diablochris6

Cheesy? Yes. Awesome? Even more so! I really like that graphic. Very clean and tidy on the inside too!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

m-Kresol

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

TGP39

This is awesome. Very clean build inside. Great work.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

wgc

Cool build, cheese is good. Love the graphic, very clean.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

AntKnee

Thanks, everyone!

I gave some thought to aging it, or using rusty parts in keeping with the rat rod theme. Since I didnt think of that until after I applied envirotex, the thing was going to be shiny no matter what, so I just went with it.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".